Windrock this weekend. Come join us! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smittycrusher

"Hey big guy, you a golfer" - Roger Dorn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.morganstanleyfa.com
@8cam and I are heading up to Windrock Friday evening. I will be leaving Marietta around 4pm and meeting him somewhere along 75 in Dalton area. We are going to camp Friday and Saturday night and wheel all day Saturday. I have to leave Sunday morning to get my son back for a basketball game that afternoon.

Come join us! I know this will be a little more than pounding pavement, but should be fun. We have primitive site 15 reserved (P15 on the map) and it looks like all the other sites around us are still available. Yes, it will be cold. A big fire will be happen both nights.

Reserve your site here.

AF6CDCFB-5EF6-4497-B0FA-577DDD43B295.png

I can't wait! Haven't been on a trail of any kind in a couple months, work has had me totally slammed. Yes it's going to be cold, but I'll have about six layers to sleep in, and planning on a big fire both nights. Always wanted to see Windrock, this will be awesome.

@8cam and I are heading up to Windrock Friday evening. I will be leaving Marietta around 4pm and meeting him somewhere along 75 in Dalton area. We are going to camp Friday and Saturday night and wheel all day Saturday. I have to leave Sunday morning to get my son back for a basketball game that afternoon.

Come join us! I know this will be a little more than pounding pavement, but should be fun. We have primitive site 15 reserved (P15 on the map) and it looks like all the other sites around us are still available. Yes, it will be cold. A big fire will be happen both nights.

Reserve your site here.

View attachment 2551775

Scott,
What level of difficulty are you seeking? (i.e., do you have any must do trails planned already?) Your 80 is built so your plans might include big dog trails (compared to wimpy ole me).
Also, how early Saturday morning do you want to be on the trails?)

Thanks

Scott,
What level of difficulty are you seeking? (i.e., do you have any must do trails planned already?) Your 80 is built so your plans might include big dog trails (compared to wimpy ole me).
Also, how early Saturday morning do you want to be on the trails?)

Thanks

As far as I'm concerned, I have a nice truck and I have no desire to bang it up. I do like challenging trails, but I also want to drive a nice truck home, so moderation is my mantra. I don't plan on anything too crazy.

As far as how early, I'm going to get up and have breakfast and figure it out. I don't sleep in, so I'm guessing we'll hit the trails 8-9am at the latest.

Yea, to echo Mark, I really prefer to do hard stuff out West and not so much on tree lined trails. It will be 30 degrees Saturday morning so I will have less that usual motivation to climb out of my warm bag but with that said, I don’t want to wait until noon by any means.

Smitty

Scott / Mark,
Sport and I were seriously considering coming up. But she rechecked the schedule, it confirmed that she is on the schedule in the pediatrics ward with a minimal staff (holiday weekend at a teach hospital so all med students not on the schedule hi-tailed it out of town). Our loss.

Have fun. Please share a trip report loaded with details.

Yea, to echo Mark, I really prefer to do hard stuff out West and not so much on tree lined trails. It will be 30 degrees Saturday morning so I will have less that usual motivation to climb out of my warm bag but with that said, I don’t want to wait until noon by any means.

Smitty
If you ain't up, I'll just start throwing rocks at the Terrapod.

@8cam @smittycrusher There will be about 13-15 of us up there this weekend for our clubs annual wheeling trip. We have 2 or 3 cabins rented. We've got a big 9 person cabin (Squatch Nest) off Windrock Rd rented that's about half a mile before the general store on the left. We are all getting there tomorrow afternoon/evening. Y'all are welcome to join us and wheel with us. We're also doing a big chili dinner Sat night if y'all would like to join. There is a huge fire pit in our backyard and we'll have it going each night if y'all want to come drink a beer with us.

We've got other guys who will be primitive camping near you and some other guys who have a smaller 4 person cabin up near y'all as well.

We usually split into 2 groups and have a green/easy group and a blue/moderate group.

Should be a lot of Cruisers at Windrock this weekend, look forward to meeting you guys!

@8cam @smittycrusher There will be about 13-15 of us up there this weekend for our clubs annual wheeling trip. We have 2 or 3 cabins rented. We've got a big 9 person cabin (Squatch Nest) off Windrock Rd rented that's about half a mile before the general store on the left. We are all getting there tomorrow afternoon/evening. Y'all are welcome to join us and wheel with us. We're also doing a big chili dinner Sat night if y'all would like to join. There is a huge fire pit in our backyard and we'll have it going each night if y'all want to come drink a beer with us.

We've got other guys who will be primitive camping near you and some other guys who have a smaller 4 person cabin up near y'all as well.

We usually split into 2 groups and have a green/easy group and a blue/moderate group.

Should be a lot of Cruisers at Windrock this weekend, look forward to meeting you guys!
Awesome! Plan on us crashing your party at least a little while. Looks like we will be up there by 8pm or so tomorrow evening. Beer sounds real good.

That is fantastic. As Mark said, we would love to hang out with your crew as much as you will let us. I have been to Windrock 3 or 4 times over the past 10 years so I k ow the area a little, but not really. If we can piggy back with you guys I will come bearing gifts.

scott

@smittycrusher @8cam be glad you have you guys! I PM’d Mark my cell. We should be getting in around 5ish tomorrow. Going to a Mexican joint in Oak Ridge we’ve been to several times for dinner. Y’all are welcome to join us, or after for a fire at our cabin.

@smittycrusher @8cam be glad you have you guys! I PM’d Mark my cell. We should be getting in around 5ish tomorrow. Going to a Mexican joint in Oak Ridge we’ve been to several times for dinner. Y’all are welcome to join us, or after for a fire at our cabin.
Awesome! I look forward to meeting the crew. Pretty sure I k ow the Mexican place you are referencing. Probably the only Mexican place in Oak Ridge, lol.

Smitty

Y’all don’t know me, yet, but I’m headed up from Chattanooga. Best way to meet up? Ham or GMRS?

Y’all don’t know me, yet, but I’m headed up from Chattanooga. Best way to meet up? Ham or GMRS?
I’m bringing the road queen. Anyone I can ride with? Got a rare hall pass and don’t want to squander it...

I’m bringing the road queen. Anyone I can ride with? Got a rare hall pass and don’t want to squander it...
I’m sure you can find an extra seat somewhere no problem. Our group is using 462.650 this weekend.

I will have my ham as well and will monitor the frequency posted above.

smitty

Which Mexican place are y’all going to?

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom