7 pin mod issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright guys I added a center diff lock switch to my 80 today. Sat in a parking lot tested it out and the abs and center diff lock light came on. Decided hey what the heck let’s do the 7 pin mod. First started out by accidentally pulling the blue wire with black runner and not the black wire with the blue runner, put it back in the switch pulled correct wire out then no center diff lock switch and no abs light. Put in 4 low still no light. Anyone have any idea what could cause this?
Also the blue wire is chewed up from me pulling it out but is not broken here are the photos

DA0994D2-F293-481B-AA06-49444945EA46.jpeg

0307992C-FC97-4961-9B9F-E2112466DD07.jpeg

probably messed up enough to not work. Check the EWD and see what that wire does and where it goes.

Ohmmeter time......

And @Wompom is smack on too - that pic better be pre-solder, otherwise that’s in need of re-working your solder work.

You broke the wire to the fuse. I’m betting that wire is still damaged or the fuse is popped.

Trying to help. :cool:
I get you - he’ll get more hits in search with the right term.

Black with the blue trace for all future searchers.

Clip with cutters leaving a couple inches off the connector.

Then you can add a male/female bullet connector to each end & tape over them - then you have a quality, reversible connection if you ever find the need.

HTH the next “pin 7 mod” person :cool:

So went to toyota got a new pin soldered in the new pin the center diff lock works when the button is pushed but the lights on the dash don’t? All the fuses are good but still nothing on the dash, is there a possibility the lights on the dash blew cause of it?

If you figured it out, maybe you could tell us all what the issue was so that in the future if somebody has this issue your thread is there as a resource for them

If you figured it out, maybe you could tell us all what the issue was so that in the future if somebody has this issue your thread is there as a resource for them
My dumb self not driving it to engage the center diff lock completely. I was just pressing the button and nothing was happening in park... probably could have saved myself a ton of headache to just move the vehicle

My dumb self not driving it to engage the center diff lock completely. I was just pressing the button and nothing was happening in park... probably could have saved myself a ton of headache to just move the vehicle
Thank you for telling us what it was. Sometimes that's hard, but there are others here who have done the same. It helps the new folks that search to figure out for themselves.

Well look on the bright side...you didn’t have to spend any money to fix it.
Cheers!

I had an equally bone headed move a few days ago when I thought I shorted my electrical system out and posted for help with fuses etc, but just had a low battery from the work I was doing on the rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom