Do I really need remove ps pump pully for replacing serpentine belt tensioner assembly (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You will need to remove the power steering pump to the side to get the alternator out anyway so you may as well do the whole tensioner.. Good Luck
Replace the tensioner. You won't really know it's worn out until your belt gets noisy, or the belt drops off a couple times when you go through water on the trail (ask me how I know the second part)

@zhloea

1. do we really need to remove the ps pump pulley to get this job done? will removing all the mount bolts of the ps pump and push it a little forward work for this case?
No, remove the belt and then put a 14mm deep socket through the pulley, Loosen or remove the three PS pump bolts, gently move it forward and out of the way. Bunjee cord it. If the rear air lines are fragile the may break , use caution
You mean the airline connects to ps pump?

You mean the airline connects to ps pump?
There are air lines that attach to the vane pump idle up valve - you can disconnect them before moving the pump so that you don't have to worry about them breaking. The lines won't break but the plastic nipples they attach to might, which would suck because the idle up valve is like $75. Just pull the hoses first. I find marking them with a bit of tape so you know which side goes where is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom