What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there anyone with a 79+ frame with the tub off that can give me the distances, straight line and diagonally, for the body mounting points? Or measured from the bottom of the tub. The FSM only gives the measurements from the pre 79 frames.
My frame is completely disassembled and I don’t want to assemble it just for the measurements.
thanks in advance.
I have a bare 79 frame I can measure if you didn't get them already.

I have a bare 79 frame I can measure if you didn't get them already.
Thanks, Bill confirmed my measurements already.

That is nice. Something unique and different. Any chance you can make a 2nd one for me?
Thanks!

The design is a simple one as far as materials. The main body being pipe with a reinforcement bar down the middle.

The design was inspired by a Defender 90 I saw a while ago. I scaled it to be about the same width / height as the OEM bumper. And the lower lights line up just in front of the shackles. The lower center bar could hold the license plate, or more lights etc.

when the time comes, I’ll let you know if I make more..

I have some contacts that may be able to make a batch if I needed.

Changed the gear oil in the transfer case.

Gassed up.

Drove to the trailhead.

GEDC2254.JPG

GEDC2235.JPG

GEDC2238.JPG

Are there thin washers behind the screws or is it just the lighting?
There should be star lock washers behind them. It's the perfect way to have water run in unfortunately, when I get around to reinstalling mine they will go in with out the washers (lock tight on the threads and seam seal on the countersunk part of the hinge.

There should be star lock washers behind them. It's the perfect way to have water run in unfortunately, when I get around to reinstalling mine they will go in with out the washers (lock tight on the threads and seam seal on the countersunk part of the hinge.
No countersunk and stainless steel originally from 1979? Right?

Thanks!

The design is a simple one as far as materials. The main body being pipe with a reinforcement bar down the middle.

The design was inspired by a Defender 90 I saw a while ago. I scaled it to be about the same width / height as the OEM bumper. And the lower lights line up just in front of the shackles. The lower center bar could hold the license plate, or more lights etc.

when the time comes, I’ll let you know if I make more..

I have some contacts that may be able to make a batch if I needed.
Thanks. I've been eyeing the ARB bumper (bought my 74 without front bumper); but wanting something different.

No countersunk and stainless steel originally from 1979? Right?
As far as I know, yes.

I think that the stainless JIS tapered screws were only on the windshield hinges and mine did not have washers. Well at least the lower, outboard right side didn't when I removed it to install a Hi Lift jack mount.

All of the other bolts were the grade 4 type with the "4" and two circular stripes on the head.

They were installed before paint and painted over.

Seeing my original '79... and others pictured on mud, it appears that the interior was painted first then the doors were put on and then the exterior was painted.

My stock bolts have the zinc plating on the visible threads on the interior yet the bolt heads with built in washers were all painted body color.

After 7 1/2 years of restoration and doing the pre-oil, we started it up and did some final tweaks. Drove it up and down the road to rough-in the alignment and then drove it to its new home in town. It seemed to be happy to be once again on the road. Still have some minor adjustments but it is getting looks and conversations as I am slowly getting the engine broke in and the timing dialed in. We are still getting moved in to the new place and as soon as time permits I will post a build thread. Stay tuned...

Got around to rebuilding the doors with replated hardware and new lock and crank mechanisms. Everything was easy breezy and the pre-cut vapor barrier from @GA Architect was perfect! I continue to struggle with the weatherstrip and I would not wish installing new weatherstrip on my worst enemy 😡. Followed instructions but still have spots where it’s not sticking, the saga continues...
04CC8B08-C754-496E-9D2E-6E0166120D93.jpeg

F23D8014-4D0B-41ED-8463-DD5A364C17ED.jpeg

6436DB39-D09D-4F39-8FCF-422CFE58816B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom