How to send PM's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I must be stupid or missing something. Before I could click on someone's username and select "send pm".
Now I do not see that option? Am I blind or did I miss something with the new format?

Thanks,
Daryl

Thanks!

I'm new to the forum but I am having the same problem. I don't see "New Conversation" when I go to my inbox. I received a DM and was able to respond but don't see any way to send a new DM to a member...what am I missing?

You may need to "leave" messages from your inbox to free up space. There are message limits in place.

I only had 1 message thread. I just "left" it and have nothing in my inbox but still have no option to start a new one. I don't get it...

hmmm....digging into the data, there is an issue with how permissions are applied and updated for each user/group. Great...there goes my evening ;)

I'll manually fix your account and keep digging. Give me a few minutes.

I only had 1 message thread. I just "left" it and have nothing in my inbox but still have no option to start a new one. I don't get it...
Fixed. I'm still a rookie at this forum stuff :rolleyes:

All set now, thank you! (was this a setting for me as a new forum member?)
correct. Settings had some adjustments recently, and still working thru what they need to be.

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I need some help Woody. Im trying to send a message and it states that my message contains "inappropriate/spam content" is there a way to get around this filter? I can send you what I am trying to say directly, as the message includes private contact information for myself that i would prefer not be public, as well as the content of the message.

Users with no post history have a bunch of account limits. Blame the recent issues with scammers for cracking down.

Users with no post history have a bunch of account limits. Blame the recent issues with scammers for cracking down.
Woody, Is this the case with me, I can’t find a way to PM someone? I’m sure it’s probably operator error.

Woody, Is this the case with me, I can’t find a way to PM someone? I’m sure it’s probably operator error.
Looks like my account is limited to one new conversion per 24hr period! Once I use that, then the interface to do a PM goes away. Might be the same issue? I've been a member since 2016 but don't post almost at all. Still seems very limiting to only be able to do one PM/day.

2 posts in 5 years? Time to post some more and reach the 5 post minimum for more Conversation space.

--------edit......
Edited the criteria to 5 posts OR 2 years :)

Last edited:
I am new and cannot PM after already doing it twice. Just trying to contact a member about their classified ad. Do i need to wait ?
thnks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom