Rack Drawer and Gull Wing group buy intro special (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great pic. Can you post a pic of the half-perimeter?
Not a great pic available right now - but here is a side view. They terminate mid-way with a cast aluminum turn-down 90 degree curve bolted to the rack.

1609272899576.png

I have a few questions regarding the 460 roof rack

It looks like the channels can fit wiring for light bars all around. Just want to confirm.

Does it come all powder coated or can it be left in raw aluminum?

How much space is between the planks? Is it narrow enough to walk up there without worrying about falling through? Maybe kid sized feet will fall through?

What is the warranty?

What sets this platform rack apart from Rhino Rack and front runner?

I have a few questions regarding the 460 roof rack

It looks like the channels can fit wiring for light bars all around. Just want to confirm.

Does it come all powder coated or can it be left in raw aluminum?

How much space is between the planks? Is it narrow enough to walk up there without worrying about falling through? Maybe kid sized feet will fall through?

What is the warranty?

What sets this platform rack apart from Rhino Rack and front runner?
Great questions.

Default is powder coated black - polished aluminum is an option but will need to be pre-ordered like that. Raw aluminum - also an option.

The perimeter extrusion has M8 channel on top and on bottom. You can use them to route cables keeping in mind you might have to work around a few bolts here and there if you have an awning installed. The lateral load bars also have a M8 slot which can be used. The floor planks run front to back with M8 slots down the middle and end in a butt join with the perimeter. There are certainly channels everywhere that you can incorporate in running cables, but it is not designed or intended to be a cable-dedicated channel run (I hope that makes sense?).

Plank spacing: 4" planks with 4" space between them. Walking on these racks is actually very stable. The rack is designed to spread point loads by design - so there is no stability issues like you would have with a load-bar style rack or some bolted racks. A customer who is a photographer actually remarked on this - it is extremely stable, other than your suspension movement.

We cover a 5 year warranty on roof racks for manufacturer defects.

We will let the products speak for themselves. I can say that if you are looking for a welded, thick walled heavy duty platform rack that is quiet (no wind deflectors) and has a reputation for being hard wearing, reliable and strong you have a very good option here ;)

How much for 200 series roof rack?

Any plans to offer the side trim panels in the future for the seat mount drawers?
Not at this time - the seat mount version sits higher and does not lend well to have side trim panels, so the added cost is wasted effectively.

any installed picture for 460 drawers without a 3rd-row seat. I plan to remove the 3rd-row seat. Looking for an option. Rather than paying $600 for the plate, might as well invest a little more for the drawer.

How hard to install?

any installed picture for 460 drawers without a 3rd-row seat. I plan to remove the 3rd-row seat. Looking for an option. Rather than paying $600 for the plate, might as well invest a little more for the drawer.

How hard to install?
Sure! See Post 3 earlier in this same thread: Rack Drawer and Gull Wing group buy intro special - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rack-drawer-and-gull-wing-group-buy-intro-special.1236114/post-13553297

Currently we are still limited in our stock photography from the manufacturer but as we get more models fitted locally we will do more photoshoots

(if anyone in Houston reads this - that's potentially you! :) )

Installation: very simple. You do need a friend to help load it in safely, and you do need to lift up the carpet in the rear corners to access the OEM hole that is not used in stock config (it is most likely taped over with a round sticker) and cut a small incision in your carpet to push the bolt through to the OEM hole. This drawer uses ONLY OEM holes - no drilling - to bolt down the 4 brackets that are screwed into the drawer sides with 8 x M6 bolts, 2 per bracket.

Then, some L brackets to screw on to support the side panels, and finish with some hex screws to fasten the drawer face trim panels.

If you have a friend you can knock it out in 30-40 minutes.

Any ETA for the drawer to arrive in Houston? I am planning to do a road trip to FL from CA either in Feb or Apr. Maybe you can install it and save on the shipping cost? I have few friends in Houston so they don't mind me visiting them.

Any ETA for the drawer to arrive in Houston? I am planning to do a road trip to FL from CA either in Feb or Apr. Maybe you can install it and save on the shipping cost? I have few friends in Houston so they don't mind me visiting them.
MaestroX2 the shipment will leave mid-March and arrive mid-April in Houston. We use a dedicated route vessel South Africa to USA which usually leaves Cape Town and makes Houston first port of call. Vessel timings do delay with the weather and port operational delays have a knock-on effect, so I would hate for you to plan your trip around the arrival date and be disappointed.

That being said, current vessel timings are:
Depart Cape Town 3/13
Arrive Houston 4/12

We usually see a 5 day port + customs timeline before we get out hands on the container.

Yes we can do the install in Houston and you can save on shipping costs.

We are moving the group buy end date up to Jan 20th to ensure we get everyone's products finished before the ship date in March.

Thank you for all the great questions, feedback and support.

Update of confirmed slots so far:
GX460:
Nathan Roof Rack, Twin Drawer (floor mount)
@arod2051 Roof Rack, twin drawer (floor mount)
@giovanni custom twin drawer (floor mount)
@bulleittime Twin drawer (floor mount)
Nick Roof Rack
@UtahGXer Twin drawer

GX470:
Andrew Twin Drawer
@dantares Twin Drawer

9 days left! We are here for your questions.

We are moving the group buy end date up to Jan 20th to ensure we get everyone's products finished before the ship date in March.

Thank you for all the great questions, feedback and support.

Update of confirmed slots so far:
GX460:
Nathan Roof Rack, Twin Drawer (floor mount)
@arod2051 Roof Rack, twin drawer (floor mount)
@giovanni custom twin drawer (floor mount)
@bulleittime Twin drawer (floor mount)
Nick Roof Rack
@UtahGXer Twin drawer

GX470:
Andrew Twin Drawer
@dantares Twin Drawer

9 days left! We are here for your questions.
Whaaaat?! What did Giovanni do to make his drawers custom? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

@RuggedBound. Thanks for bringing this deal to the ih8mud community and for bringing these products to the US market. I'm really interested in both a roof rack and a drawer...but not for my FJ, for my Defender 90. Can we make this happen? Please PM if you prefer to arrange details this way.

@RuggedBound. Thanks for bringing this deal to the ih8mud community and for bringing these products to the US market. I'm really interested in both a roof rack and a drawer...but not for my FJ, for my Defender 90. Can we make this happen? Please PM if you prefer to arrange details this way.
Funny you should ask that - we are about to launch the Defender Source group buy :)

Yes, we can make it happen, but we also have Defender 90 racks in stock as we speak.

Whaaaat?! What did Giovanni do to make his drawers custom? Enquiring minds want to know. :)
He asked :)

We can do all kinds of custom options on the drawers - the twin drawers are simply what we placed on the group buy. See attached for a whole new world of options...

Attachments

• Big Country Savute Drawer Options_1.pdf
    782.3 KB · Views: 110
He asked :)

We can do all kinds of custom options on the drawers - the twin drawers are simply what we placed on the group buy. See attached for a whole new world of options...
This looks pretty cool. I may be interested in the aux battery version. Without having the kit installed I made some guesstimates of the space in under the removeable wing. I am building a Lifepo4 battery with some prismatic cells and it should be fit.

Do you have actual measurements of the space under the removeable wing, aft of the wheel well? Additionally, do you have the dimensions for the space for the aux battery in the twin drawer with battery section?

Funny you should ask that - we are about to launch the Defender Source group buy :)

Yes, we can make it happen, but we also have Defender 90 racks in stock as we speak.
I'll see you on Defender source!! (and will reach out about the rack)

This looks pretty cool. I may be interested in the aux battery version. Without having the kit installed I made some guesstimates of the space in under the removeable wing. I am building a Lifepo4 battery with some prismatic cells and it should be fit.

Do you have actual measurements of the space under the removeable wing, aft of the wheel well? Additionally, do you have the dimensions for the space for the aux battery in the twin drawer with battery section?
We will get the latter for you - it is made for a common 105AGM battery on a tray, in the mean time.

Any mud discounts on the tents?

Any mud discounts on the tents?
Right now we are sold out on the current shipment - but our first batch of retail priced tents arrive in Feb. We might do a MUD discount for a limited number of tents - it has been discussed for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom