1978 Barn door FJ55 "daily driver" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D017EADF-FF9A-40A4-9831-6943F3F3E549.jpeg

B0F0DA79-3BA5-41FF-BB77-654A0EA114A2.jpeg

Question...Are they building the whole wagon back to running or are you shipping the shell home? Sorry if I asked this already.

Technically it was a running truck when they started. Has a nice 2F, 4 speed, interior, "factory" A/C, etc.

So I could just have them put it back together and ship it here. But I can't leave anything alone, so there is a 36,000 mile 2UZ-FE and 5-speed for it, and I'm sourcing a pair of FJ7x axles, to pick up discs at all four corners, and an integrated parking brake. I'm probably going to have to convert them to 6-lug, and I will be converting the front axle to coils and trailing arms.

Yes, you asked before. :)

CF7C5B18-2642-4E6F-A8E2-0B37212878C0.jpeg

E8BFC8CD-85BE-4B4E-BA9E-E628642D69AB.jpeg

So, they're doing all the modifications. I wasn't sure if I did ask before, so don't yell at me when ask again. :)

it's a time .vs money .vs getting it done 'right' balance for me.
Very little time right now, and I can be pretty picky.

I try to not yell, but I'm not always successful. Do let me know if I'm being an :censor:.

Technically it was a running truck when they started. Has a nice 2F, 4 speed, interior, "factory" A/C, etc.

So I could just have them put it back together and ship it here. But I can't leave anything alone, so there is a 36,000 mile 2UZ-FE and 5-speed for it, and I'm sourcing a pair of FJ7x axles, to pick up discs at all four corners, and an integrated parking brake. I'm probably going to have to convert them to 6-lug, and I will be converting the front axle to coils and trailing arms.

Yes, you asked before. :)

View attachment 2539638

xj-7x axles are 5-lug? I never knew that...

Can you get locker with those rear discs and parking brake?

Look at that pretty 2F w/ PS pump already mounted! Is that the factory mount location for PS pumps in those markets? Does that 2F need a new home?

All these questions...

Look at that pretty 2F w/ PS pump already mounted! Is that the factory mount location for PS pumps in those markets? Does that 2F need a new home?

All these questions...

6 lug through ‘99 and 5 lug since.

I don’t know yet. I can add a Haroop or ARB, of course, and I’ve read somewhere that the 80-series lockers can be adapted.

All these questions...

Maybeee...

Has AC, too. I’m keeping the condenser and inside the cab stuff though.

1609388450976.jpeg

1609388276733.jpeg

Every time I go for the ‘just a quick helmetless tack’ I seem to always just peak to make sure and that’s always when Zap! I’m blinded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom