Is the Land Cruiser officially dead? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"It's gone for 2022, but I think it'll be back soon, and way more modern and luxurious," he told us.

That doesn't make me optimistic. Glad I bought a '21 when I did...I've heard it's getting crazy out there.

Well, one thing seems sure......the "land cruiser is dead/not dead" threads are living on and will for a long time. After just 24 hours this one----in a long series of threads over many months-----already has about 2 dozen replies and almost 900 views. I guess we are pretty passionate about these vehicles. ;)

Yeah, I got the same email, from the same sales guy, at the same AZ dealer 2 others mentioned.
Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 7.31.10 PM.png

Dealer told me that he can "try" to get me one of the "last" Heritage editions, for only a 10k markup when I asked.

"I'm losing money even putting it in my inventory."

I'll keep my 2008.

Dealer told me that he can "try" to get me one of the "last" Heritage editions, for only a 10k markup when I asked.

I'll keep my 2008.
If you actually in the market and want one, and want to get it at reasonable price with no BS, contact @Eric Sarjeant. When I was shopping earlier this year, the dealers I spoke with in a several hundred mile radius were unwilling to touch a deal as competitive as Eric, even after factoring in shipping/delivery. Every one had hidden fees when we got down to the deal making that they refused to budge on.

“I think it’s ok to lie to people’s faces.”

Do these people even wonder why buying a car is so often rated as being a horrible experience?

You mean like this! They wouldn't budge when I offered them msrp. Sold it a week later so someone paid over sticker

View attachment 2534389
Just like the $15k they’re getting on TRD 4Runners.

And to think I got mine new for $78k 6 months ago 😎

Last edited:
Fly to Ohio or some other market where people don’t care about LCs. A friend just bought a new 2021 for Costco pricing (10% off sticker) from a dealer in northern Ohio. He’s driving back to the PNW as I write this.

Last edited:
This is why I bought a 21 200 series, but also ordered a Bronco. Its anything like the Raptor, some a****** will pay me $10k more than I'll pay and I can the put that towards finishing building the 200. Bam!

Fly to Ohio or some other market where people don’t care about LCs. A friend just bought a new 2021 for Costco pricing (10% off sticker) from a dealer in northern Ohio. He’s driving back to the PNW as I write this.
I did the same thing after dealing with the dealers around here a couple months ago. Shipping fee is a lot less than the local dealer mark ups.

Fly to Ohio or some other market where people don’t care about LCs.
Or, drive from Ohio to Indianapolis, 'cause I know from folks on here that @Eric Sarjeant is gonna treat me right!
(And, Indiana's maximum allowable doc fee is half of Ohio's. That'll pay for the gas.)

Waiting for January for "the call!"

Guys, there are plenty of dealers selling below MSRP on Heritage and non-Heritage Land Cruisers. We never charge over MSRP for anything and we sell Heritage and standard Land Cruisers for closer to invoice than MSRP at Damian Lillard Toyota just outside Portland OR. (Yeah, I've been MIA from this site forever, but I just picked up a Heritage for the wife and a low mileage 6 speed FJ for myself so I'll be back to stealing ideas for mods soon. :)

Guys, there are plenty of dealers selling below MSRP on Heritage and non-Heritage Land Cruisers. We never charge over MSRP for anything and we sell Heritage and standard Land Cruisers for closer to invoice than MSRP at Damian Lillard Toyota just outside Portland OR. (Yeah, I've been MIA from this site forever, but I just picked up a Heritage for the wife and a low mileage 6 speed FJ for myself so I'll be back to stealing ideas for mods soon. :)

Woah, Dame has his own Toyota franchise?!

I wish I would have known this three months ago.

Reactions: HGB
Can’t see them keeping a LX570 going and getting rid of the LC??? Here in the USA

Why not? Americans are the reason the these premium brands exist (Lexus, Infinity and Acura). Honestly, it makes perfect sense.

Reactions: HGB
Can’t see them keeping a LX570 going and getting rid of the LC??? Here in the USA

The Lexus has been outselling the Land Cruiser and it adds seems to be an easier sell at the Lexus dealer.

I wish there was one in the Northeast. Believe me, I tried. The one dealer willing to give a deal didn't have inventory and couldn't tell me when they would. Your clientele is lucky to have dealers like you and Eric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom