New 2021 Land Cruiser owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NJS

Threads
Website
www.1800gotjunk.com
My name is Michael, I live in Houston, TX and this is my first LC.
I am an avid sport touring motorcyclist and often ride back and forth to my office in NJ.
(Not so often in 2020!)
Coming from an E400 wagon the LC is a 'big' step up.
My first mod was removing the third row seats, but not the belts, and replacing them with a Heritage cargo mat.
Other wise vehicle is stock, the only option I purchased was the white paint.
I plan on trying some off roading but will not do anything serious until I can find a course to teach me all that I don't know.
I have read tutorials and watched videos but am very much a hands on learner.
I bought an LC because 1~ I trust Toyota, their service, quality and reliability 2~ Want to keep the LC a significant number of years 3~ Like the iconic symbolism of an LC.

Symbolism only gets you as far as your wallet homey. The 200 series is the real deal. Congrats!

Welcome to the addiction... I mean the cult... I mean... the club, that’s it, welcome to the club. Be sure to check out the 200 series section and enjoy the new rig. A built 200 is on my dream sheet for sure. Be sure to share lots of pictures with us.

Congrats, but I would post up in the proper forum. This forum is for the 80 series.

My name is Michael, I live in Houston, TX and this is my first LC.
I am an avid sport touring motorcyclist and often ride back and forth to my office in NJ.
(Not so often in 2020!)
Coming from an E400 wagon the LC is a 'big' step up.
My first mod was removing the third row seats, but not the belts, and replacing them with a Heritage cargo mat.
Other wise vehicle is stock, the only option I purchased was the white paint.
I plan on trying some off roading but will not do anything serious until I can find a course to teach me all that I don't know.
I have read tutorials and watched videos but am very much a hands on learner.
I bought an LC because 1~ I trust Toyota, their service, quality and reliability 2~ Want to keep the LC a significant number of years 3~ Like the iconic symbolism of an LC.

We are all land cruiser fans, but these are your people now. Congrats:cheers:

Nice! Been trying to talk my wife into trading her Grand Cherokee in for one... Jealous!

I was successful on that one. Here were my effective selling points

“You won’t feel the need to upgrade when the new one comes out. This is probably the last one”

def system craps the bed... “man babe I just don’t have these problems in my 23 year old land cruiser. Looks like we have to replace it with a $1400 part that is probablygoing to break again in 2 years because Jeep didn’t feel the need to protect their Offroad machine from water (car wash).”

“yep that’s all it’s worth. Unlike my land cruiser which has doubled in value since I bought it yours appears to be depreciating $400 a month.”

led to much annoyance for her but wore her down after a year of Jeep ownership. Only complaint now is fuel mileage. I’ll take it!

I was successful on that one. Here were my effective selling points

“You won’t feel the need to upgrade when the new one comes out. This is probably the last one”

def system craps the bed... “man babe I just don’t have these problems in my 23 year old land cruiser. Looks like we have to replace it with a $1400 part that is probablygoing to break again in 2 years because Jeep didn’t feel the need to protect their Offroad machine from water (car wash).”

“yep that’s all it’s worth. Unlike my land cruiser which has doubled in value since I bought it yours appears to be depreciating $400 a month.”

led to much annoyance for her but wore her down after a year of Jeep ownership. Only complaint now is fuel mileage. I’ll take it!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I tell ya... I bought her a fancy, Mack Daddy Overland with all the bells and probably all the whistles. Low miles, good condition... She loves it. It's about three years old with 30k miles on it - the transfer case just locked up on her backing out the driveway to go get groceries. Still under warranty, but we were a month down as it was a full replacement with none in stock. Drives fine now, but confidence is low with a vehicle only a couple years old and hardly any miles having catastrophic damage from general use.

I'll add to it... "I bet you that wouldn't have happened in a Land Cruiser!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I tell ya... I bought her a fancy, Mack Daddy Overland with all the bells and probably all the whistles. Low miles, good condition... She loves it. It's about three years old with 30k miles on it - the transfer case just locked up on her backing out the driveway to go get groceries. Still under warranty, but we were a month down as it was a full replacement with none in stock. Drives fine now, but confidence is low with a vehicle only a couple years old and hardly any miles having catastrophic damage from general use.

I'll add to it... "I bet you that wouldn't have happened in a Land Cruiser!"

Oh I had an overland prior to going full cruiser addict with the 80... clean the leather dash with armor-all this summer... that’s a $3500 oopsie. The dash will peel up and look like it lost 250 lbs over night... Or shank an airbag.

sorry for the thread jack...Stupid Jeep and Jeep service departments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom