New 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ73 Owner (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did discover a small leak from the nipple beside the large hose on the radiator. Seems the fitting has a small crack in it. What are these FJZ73 radiators made of ?

Definitely need to do a system flush As well.
pVkCCiO.jpg

I was watching this on BaT. Congratulations! It seemed like the best of both worlds (some rare 70 stuff) mixed with common 1FZ stuff. I'll be watching and best of luck!

Got a lot done lately!!!!!

I went through and resealed my main bearing, added a new water pump, new gasket on the oil pump cover, and new belts. All my engine leaks are sealed.

fi2hXrP.jpg

ilK4kVr.jpg

I also flushed out my coolant system, installed a new thermostat, and replaced my radiator with an aluminum one I found on eBay....fits perfect and I pressure tested it prior to install. I’ll keep an eye on it and I hope its built as good as it seems.

hJSisXr.jpg

gFL7dmK.jpg

I also added a temporary China carb while mine is get rebuilt by JimC. This thing actually runs very good and will definitely do the job for now. I also replaced the fuel filter.

bJdX1Ap.jpg

pYomGiq.jpg

I added a hood insulator as well

GHwM6MF.jpg

Finally I replaced both window motors as they were getting weak and re-sealed both of the doors along with new window moldings

MSWhZBW.jpg

yGmMO7L.jpg

edMhT83.jpg

Getting it pretty well sorted out. These are great and fun vehicles to be sure.

ASO

Last edited:
Drives great!!!! This one is super solid and only had a handful of common small gremlins to fix....she’s close to being 100%.

Clayinho,

here is the link.

i got the retainers off of Amazon.....

Rexka 25pcs Hood Insulation Retainer Clips for Toyota Lexus 90467-09006

Where are you in Florida? I might take a drive through Ocala National forest over holiday break. Great looking Rig!

You’ll need to bring it by one of our club get-togethers so we can admire it. 😊

definitely will now that I’m getting her pretty solid

Where are you in Florida? I might take a drive through Ocala National forest over holiday break. Great looking Rig!

Im up in the panhandle.. close to Tallahassee

New 1995 FZJ73 LC Owner here.

I drove a nice 79 FJ40 back in high school in the late 80s and have had numerous Jeeps and currently have a nicely modded Rubicon. This LC is my first one in over 30 years. I spent some time in South America from 2002-2012 and fell in love with the Series 70 LCs I saw there and I’m really glad to own one now. Now comes the fun part......MODS !!!!!!

I have read through the forum here some but still have a few good questions that I was hoping those with years of experience could help me out with and give me some direction and advice.

1. The vehicle is stock height with 31” tires. I’m planning on running 33’s so what’s a good lift to look at. This vehicle will be on 99% asphalt so the main reason for the lift is looks and to clear the 33s and not really off-road performance although quality of ride is important.

2. The vehicle is currently riding on 15” steelies, which I plan on keeping, as I like the look. I will probably use some spacers to get the wheels out to the fenders. Any spacers better than others for this ? Any max width to not go beyond.

3. I noticed the spare is on the right side door but it seems a 33” tire would probably crossover to the left door making opening that door first impossible. How are owners getting around that issue?

4. I may replace the stock front and rear bumpers with a more off-road version, mainly for looks, but still may run a winch as well. I really like the low profile look of this style bumper. Anyone direct me toward this style front and rear bumper that is complete and doesn’t need to be fabricated and welded By the purchaser?
Coastal Offroad

Again, thanks for helping a newbie navigate through the new 70 series waters.
ASO544
let me know if you find a similar bumper, am interested on getting one too for my 70 series

some pics ........

zMWl7Eo.jpg

T4eKPJW.jpg

9RFlwa9.jpg

tRAThXf.jpg
ASO544 nice looking cruiser! Hard for me to tell on my phone, but is the color a light green? If so, do you have the paint code by chance? I’m looking to paint mine a lighter green, but trying to find the right shade. Thanks!

ASO544 nice looking cruiser! Hard for me to tell on my phone, but is the color a light green? If so, do you have the paint code by chance? I’m looking to paint mine a lighter green, but trying to find the right shade. Thanks!

I believe the color is Light Green Metallic (B695) It looks light green to a silver depending on the sunlight.... it’s a great color !!!

let me know if you find the color here in America as I’d like to touch up a few things myself.
72PVF9W.jpg

Great — thanks! Yeah, weird that the google doesn’t display much at all when putting in that code????

I found a light green metallic 6G5, but your plate defiantly looks like a ‘9’.

I was looking earlier at Toyota code 6P7 — always hard to tell by pictures online, but do you think it’s close in color to yours?

Sure looks close to mine.... especially the color inside that has been out in the elements

why the two door latches?

Also, what size tires did you do, they look great.....

1608768583763.png

why the two door latches?

Also, what size tires did you do, they look great.....

View attachment 2533181
I believe, perhaps incorrectly, that the second latch allows a backseat passenger to open the door.
(Sorry for the temporary highjack)

I believe, perhaps incorrectly, that the second latch allows a backseat passenger to open the door.
(Sorry for the temporary highjack)

I think Gun Runner 5 is right !!!! Let’s those who get stuck in the back get out a little bit easier

I think Gun Runner 5 is right !!!! Let’s those who get stuck in the back get out a little bit easier
Please don’t tell folks I was right. It will ruin my reputation for being wrong most of the time. 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom