Monstaliner Bedliner (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone tried to spray Raptor liner? I have a very well worn 99 that I would like to paint. I thought I might first try the section below the trim line.

Has anyone tried to spray Raptor liner? I have a very well worn 99 that I would like to paint. I thought I might first try the section below the trim line.
That is the best way to do it in my opinion...

Friends,

I've read through this thread, and can't find an exact answer... for you 60/62 owners, how many gallons of monstaliner did you need for your rig? I'm going 2-tone with mine (about 50/50 of each color), and don't want to come up short.

Many thanks!

Edit: Jason @TRAIL TAILOR Was incredibly kind. He said that a true 50/50 should be one gallon of each for a two-tone job. I got 2 gallons of each color and an extra quart of each just in case my measurements are off.

Last edited:
Friends,

I've read through this thread, and can't find an exact answer... for you 60/62 owners, how many gallons of monstaliner did you need for your rig? I'm going 2-tone with mine (about 50/50 of each color), and don't want to come up short.

Many thanks!

Edit: Jason @TRAIL TAILOR Was incredibly kind. He said that a true 50/50 should be one gallon of each for a two-tone job. I got 2 gallons of each color and an extra quart of each just in case my measurements are off.
How did it turn out? Pics?

12DD1543-BFD0-40F1-AC7B-5A922B6536BA.jpeg

18E06140-92C6-4FAE-AA86-2D18AE30D8D0.jpeg

I’m cutting out rust and starting to weld in patches today. Took my hood down to bare metal, fixed a couple of very minor dents, spicy primed, sanded and rolled on the liner.

This is a driveway resto/mod. Considering that, I am extremely happy with my first results. My hood turned out great. One quart of desert sand/one quart of dirt bag.

I’m cutting out rust and starting to weld in patches today. Took my hood down to bare metal, fixed a couple of very minor dents, spicy primed, sanded and rolled on the liner.

This is a driveway resto/mod. Considering that, I am extremely happy with my first results. My hood turned out great. One quart of desert sand/one quart of dirt bag.

Coming along nicely from the pics. I'm considering gray below the trim line and white above. I have quite a few dings, dents and rust to address first.

Coming along nicely from the pics. I'm considering gray below the trim line and white above. I have quite a few dings, dents and rust to address first.
Thanks, man. Gray and white would look excellent.

did my first welding yesterday. An absolute blast... just took a bit to learn the finesse needed. Working on my DS fender today. I’m going to paint fenders/apron/tailgate/lift gate off the truck. When my glass guy comes and uninstalls the glass, I’m monstalining everything above the body line in desert sand. Then sorting out the rust in my rockers and quarters... before adding “dirt bag” below the body line.

the Monstaliner has been great to work with. It’s a great product.

doing all of this (with exception of the glass) myself has been a learning experience to say the least. It’s kicked my but. Thank heavens for this forum!

Thanks, man. Gray and white would look excellent.

did my first welding yesterday. An absolute blast... just took a bit to learn the finesse needed. Working on my DS fender today. I’m going to paint fenders/apron/tailgate/lift gate off the truck. When my glass guy comes and uninstalls the glass, I’m monstalining everything above the body line in desert sand. Then sorting out the rust in my rockers and quarters... before adding “dirt bag” below the body line.

the Monstaliner has been great to work with. It’s a great product.

doing all of this (with exception of the glass) myself has been a learning experience to say the least. It’s kicked my but. Thank heavens for this forum!
Funny you mentioned welding. I just did my first job a few weeks. I'm using a hobart 210 mvp mig welder. I have a 2000 tundra in which the rear diff cover has rotted and was leaking. It's either a used rear end (about 750$) or cut off the old cover and weld the new on (55$). It took a couple of tries and it isn't pretty but didn't leak when I filled it with rubbing alcohol. Putting back in this weekend, so fingers x'd. I used flex core instead of gas. If you are welding body panels I'd be interested in any informative links as my fenders at the bottom where it meets the kick panel are gone.

Funny you mentioned welding. I just did my first job a few weeks. I'm using a hobart 210 mvp mig welder. I have a 2000 tundra in which the rear diff cover has rotted and was leaking. It's either a used rear end (about 750$) or cut off the old cover and weld the new on (55$). It took a couple of tries and it isn't pretty but didn't leak when I filled it with rubbing alcohol. Putting back in this weekend, so fingers x'd. I used flex core instead of gas. If you are welding body panels I'd be interested in any informative links as my fenders at the bottom where it meets the kick panel are gone.
I used flex core because that’s what I had access to (my neighbor offered it and I took him up on it). I blew a full holes through the panel right when I started. Beginners mistake. But as I got rolling, no more holes.., and I backfilled the holes I made with the welder. Honestly, not pretty, but it’s strong and grinding it, plus a little filler made it look just fine.

I’m sorry, I’m on my cell and am not sure what truck you have, but if you have a 60/62, Wolf Steel has good patch panels. You’ll find plenty of posts on those. Trail Tailor has panels too. I would wager that his are better.

anyway, back on topic (smiling), as long as you kill that rust, You won’t regret the Monstaliner. I’ll post up more pics as I get panels painted.

After getting all of my welding and body work sorted out, today, I applied “desert sand” above the body line, on the roof, door frames and rockers. The humidity here gave me fits today as the Monstaliner began to cure immediately... had to top it off with a little acetone every time I opened the can. And I still ran a little short. Went ahead and ordered another gallon for touch-ups and for painting my doors above the body line.

Tomorrow, it’s “dirt bag” below the body line all ‘round’!

This “restoration” has kicked my butt, but totally worth it.

It’s almost time to put her back together!

941A08E6-94DE-41BA-9EB6-3CCF8A22428D.jpeg

09C215BC-A281-4C5F-AE45-F2A1267D8219.jpeg

1F1554FF-0C40-4C57-9039-89AFE7E3640F.jpeg

5848BDED-B334-4F3A-AE05-9B9C627DAA7E.jpeg

Gents, for those of you who Monstalined then blacked out your chrome, any suggestions for a rattle can black out product? I’m after something more durable than plastidip.

I’m reapplying all of my chrome trim but want to black it out so that it is more consistent with my new paint scheme and accessories.

thank you!

First coat of “dirt bag” applied below the body line. Ready for the final coat.

86223AE2-60AF-4398-BE33-870246FF5998.jpeg

18E6872F-27D6-4475-A48B-E16B94D1CA24.jpeg

30DCCC96-7E11-41BC-936F-69BF30556AC2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom