Cut and weld or trim and weld? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I'm looking for some thoughts on the most economical way to address the rear quarter panel rust. Is it more economal to buy the left and right side pre cut quarter panel for 400$ for both just cut and weld in the new rear quarter panels or with the existing ones cut them above the rust and cap it with a piece of metal?

Screenshot_20201218-194423_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201218-195412_Chrome.jpg

If just dollars being considered probably cheaper to just cut out the rust and weld in sheet metal. However, the cut sections of actual quarter panel will probably look better.

I suppose trim and weld is a good option if you wanted some more clearance on the sides for a rear bumper...
Cost is a concern I'll be having a new rear bumper covering the cut anyways. Thanks you.

Cost is a concern I'll be having a new rear bumper covering the cut anyways. Thanks you.

Be mindful of the wiring in those panels. Also I think there may be a drain for the sunroof on one side (passenger on mine) so be sure to address that if you have one. Probably need to add a way for the panel to drain too like the stock ones have or you'll get them full of water and have rust issues again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom