For Sale Vermont -1975 FJ40 FST with 25K miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
1975 Toyota FJ40 Factory Soft top from California 100% Rust free with no rust repair ever. No rust underneath. This is a rare unrestored US Spec factory soft top with only 25,718 original miles One amazing repaint several years ago and a few tasteful updates and the rest is original. New springs, tires and Bilstein shocks. New wheel cylinders and brake hoses recently installed. Properly jetted and matched Holley 2bbl with high flow air cleaner. The original air cleaner is included. Long tube header with high flow exhaust with catalytic converter, virtually eliminating cabin fumes. Even the engine hoses and the headlights are original. The CA emission system is still intact. This is the last year for the factory soft top and the first year for the desirable 2F engine. Factory equipped with double wall armored fuel tank for safety. Runs and drives like new! Comes with newer factory style soft top and bikini top. Not to be compared to the Central American imported junk restorations! Email for pictures. This site will not allow me to upload images. $42,500 or best offer.

Studawg- Nice. I like both of its ST colors.

VToldcars - just curious. Do you have another member name on MUD? Only 7 posts, but you’ve owned 3 1975 40’s?

Thats funny that you used to own it. Do you have any history other than what you wrote that you can share? I fixed all the running issues and now it runs like new. Amazingly it still has the original radiator and heater hoses. The only thing I didn't like about it is the top. I can't believe that is a TH top. I have owned many FJ's over the years but really am not too fond of these forums. I put it on here for a couple days to see how much I could take and then I will advertise it for sale somewhere real. Can you email me at jmrippa@gmail.com?

Exactly! That is what I mean.

maybe if you contributed to the forum versus just "using" us, we'd all be more receptive.
you joined in June 2020 and your first post was this for sale thread, and most likely you were lurking a long time before that.
this gruff isn't bad, you want rough you should have been on pirate back in the day or heck even when @Junk was in his prime.
put your big girl panties on and deal with it.

GLWTS it is a nice example of an FJ40 FST

Last edited:
maybe if you contributed to the forum versus just "using" us, we'd all be more receptive.
you joined in June 2020 and your first post was this for sale thread, and most likely you were lurking a long time before that.
this gruff isn't bad, you want rough you should have been on pirate back in the day or heck even when @Junk was in his prime.
put your big girl panties on and deal with it.

GLWTS it is a nice example of an FJ40 FST

This post is the first time I have used this site. Never looked at it except when I joined. I think that the problem for me is this is more of a car show with a BAT commentary. So far, all of the comments on my post are from people not interested in this FJ. I know that it would probably be the same if I asked $15k. I am not new to this business. I appreciate you taking the time to comment about my comments.

We're not a bad bunch, but we are an educated consumer. Many here build and sell trucks so know the market intimately. I'd say they know it better than most because they actually build the truck they are selling so they know what goes into restoring or just maintaining/improving a truck like this.

I'm sorry you have such a bad opinion of the forum... I've learned a ton on here and have not seen another resource with as much knowledge.

Yes, we pick apart cars when they get posted, but fairly. Again, educated consumers, but I've yet to see any animosity that didn't start coming from a seller that didn't like the scrutiny.

Great truck! If it was $15k, I'd buy it!

Last edited:
We're not a bad bunch, but we are an educated consumer. Many here build and sell trucks so know the market intimately. If say they know it better than most because they actually build the truck they are selling so they know what goes into restoring or just maintaining/improving a truck like this.

I'm sorry you have such a bag opinion of the forum... I've learned a ton on here and have not seen another resource for as much knowledge.

Yes, we pick apart cars when they get posted, but fairly. Again, educated consumers, but I've yet to see any animosity that didn't start coming from a seller that didn't like the scrutiny.

Great truck! If it was $15k, if but it!

Actually I like the forum. There is a lot of great information. The reason that I posted it on here is because of the scarcity of finding a real 25k mile California truly rust free FJ that still has the original emission system so it can go back to California. I felt that there might be someone looking here that would appreciate that. Having the previous owner validate the history on here was great too. That just helps the value. All is good.

1975 and under are smog exempt in california so it doesn’t need to be smogged. I have virtually the same rig but it’s a 65 rust free California native. Generally everyone here wants a good deal, you are better off using an auction format or just be patient. There is an ass for every seat! Glws, it is a very nice example of a last year fst.

1975 and under are smog exempt in california so it doesn’t need to be smogged. I have virtually the same rig but it’s a 65 rust free California native. Generally everyone here wants a good deal, you are better off using an auction format or just be patient. There is an ass for every seat! Glws, it is a very nice example of a last year fst.

Thank you! It is interesting that it is the last year of the FST and the first year of the 2F. I really like the fact that it is so clean burning and not at all fumey. Actually I am waiting for someone on here to talk me out of selling it!

Don't sell it! Last year FST 1st year 2F. In this kind of shape. You'll never find another one. Sell something else if you must, but not this.

Hows that?

Don't sell it! Last year FST 1st year 2F. In this kind of shape. You'll never find another one. Sell something else if you must, but not this.

Hows that?

I like it! Good response. I just went out to my shop to look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom