SOLD Price Drop: 1990 Toyota FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
$22k OBO
Hey there,

I’m unfortunately testing the waters on selling Ruby. Like most people in my position, selling her was not part of the plan. We bought her to finish building up so we could take off on long road trips when my daughter turned 2. My work situation changed and Covid made it worse. I’ve learned a lot from this forum and would prefer her to go to someone on here. Ruby is not my daily driver and is only driven once or twice a week when not going on a trip, and always stored under our carport. The engine runs super smooth and 4 wheel drive works great. Just had her steam cleaned inside and out. Luckily I don’t need to sell her right away. I think the price is fair but open to feedback.

Please see the attached Google Photos link above. The carfax and videos are also in the album. There is also an image of a receipt from the work done right when I bought the truck. I’m happy to add more photos and answer any questions. Smogged in August and is good to go. Registered until Aug 2021.

I have all receipts for the work done on the truck since owning it, except the 80 series brake booster upgrade, I lost that one.

The Bad:
All rust is shown in the photos in the attached album. Rear top hatch looks like the worst of it.
Undercarriage is dirty and will try to wash clean soon. There is surface rust
Bedlined by a previous owner as a preventative measure. Parts of it are coming off underneath but it is still in great shape on the body.
Radio turns on but doesn’t play music. Missing door speakers. I was waiting to replace the whole system.
Wear on the driver's seat, cracked leather at the normal wear location. Has a seat cover.
Slight wear on the front passenger seat.
It looks like it was repainted in factory color but don’t think it was the best job. There is some overspray on part of the chrome on the doors (see photo)
I’ll be taking the truck to K&H this week to replace the windshield (Not OEM, too expensive)

The Good:
The interior is super clean except for some little areas which are all in the photos.
Base lined the truck at K&H when I got it.
Full Old Man Emu Dakar suspension
Bed Liner on lower part of body
5 BFG AT 33’s E rated
Auxiliary Power Battery Box with hook up in the back of the truck
Auxiliary Solar Panel on roof rack
30A Charge Control Regulator
LED Light Bar (not hooked up)
2 9" Vision X Derby Flood Lights
2 RIGID LED lights on front bumper
PFRAN LED dome, rear hatch, and reverse lights
ARB Land Cruiser Bumper
WARN XD9000 winch with remote
Wilco Tailgate Spare Tire Holder & Double Jerry Can Holder (2 gas cans)
Tire step up on spare and cover for spare
ARB Touring Full Size Roof Rack
4 Wheel Warehouse Snorkel
Train Horn (VERY LOUD)
Viair Air Compressor & 2 Gallon Tank (fill nozzles on both sides of truck)
Tow Hitch
Steel battery tray
Transmission cooler
WeatherTech Floor Mats all over
50% UV blocking 25% dark tint
80 series brake booster
New used main door lock/window switch
Custom windshield sun shade
R134 AC conversion
Miscellaneous parts

Thanks for looking!

Ruby .jpg

Last edited:
Not testing the waters anymore looking for $24k OBO.
Just replaced the windshield, everything was clean underneath. Forgot to mention all belts were replaced with OEM on 03/28/19.
Also have original tool kit
Anticipated more interest but I could be bias. Open to any feedback.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Price Drop Bump: $22,000 on mud. Price is firm.
Took down the photo link but will add more photos. You'll notice surface rust and the bedliner coming off on parts of the frame in undercarriage photos.

LRM_EXPORT_400432882072848_20190407_132207822.jpg

IMG_20190604_135817.jpg

PXL_20201103_214309646.jpg

PXL_20201103_215308297.jpg

Ruby plates-2.jpg

Find a way to remove that awful black rhinolining and raise the price to 29k

Dig the airhorns! Used to have them on one of the farm trucks...
Can you not adjust the upper hatch on the rear liftgate? They should be able to adjust with the catches on the body? I know on my 62 it leaked dust like a sieve until I tightened the adjustments to ensure it was closing correctly.

Clean truck, GLWS

Dig the airhorns! Used to have them on one of the farm trucks...
Can you not adjust the upper hatch on the rear liftgate? They should be able to adjust with the catches on the body? I know on my 62 it leaked dust like a sieve until I tightened the adjustments to ensure it was closing correctly.

Clean truck, GLWS

Thanks! they've been pretty helpful situations, especially in scaring friends
I'm going to try and adjust it now, thanks for the tip and comment!

I might have a buyer for you. If he doesn't reach out today or tomorrow, please let me know.

$22K OBO bump. Removed the ARB roof rack but still have it.
Have my eyes on something else.
Thanks!

You mention rust; ' top rear hatch being the worst of it.' I don't see the bubbling or where it is breaking thru the paint, I see it on the frame. Could you post rust specific pics? I have great fear of it but I know it can be dealt with, I just need to gauge how much work it might be. Thanks

You mention rust; ' top rear hatch being the worst of it.' I don't see the bubbling or where it is breaking thru the paint, I see it on the frame. Could you post rust specific pics? I have great fear of it but I know it can be dealt with, I just need to gauge how much work it might be. Thanks
I just got back into town and can send photos later. I did recently pick up a rust free top hatch to replace mine. It would just need to be painted. Where are you located? Happy to show it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom