#5 Green 60, bodywork and paint (Princess) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toybox is gone, so hopefully the new H55 Georg put in won’t have any problems.

When it's ready, let me know, I have an original "Broken Birfield Bar" sticker for it! :)
I’ll admit I had to do some research and I’m still reading.

Found this on pirate, 2003. “Back then I used to write about my own experiences because there weren't many people wheeling 60's. Now the Princess is just a poseur, uncomfortable daily-driver, I haven't done much wheeling in two years, and I don't even know most of the hardcore 60 drivers anymore!

Also found this. I’ll let you know when/if she gets done, maybe some BBQ in Austin. Thanks
84ED859B-FFC7-4D76-9C1C-BA3812D81845.jpeg

hows it drive with the custom Atlas springs that are on it? and like many others, this 60 was my dream build when I first got into Cruisers

hows it drive with the custom Atlas springs that are on it? and like many others, this 60 was my dream build when I first got into Cruisers
No issues with the ride quality but the step up is 30”, a little too tall.

37s.... 3.70 gears, the toybox was removed and a 5 speed installed.

EGTs pulling a pass must be through the roof or a 30mph 3rd gear execution.
She did get a little warm going to Flagstaff from Page. Had to pull over and let her cool down.

Any surprises under the windshield?

Doesn't look too bad so far besides the peeling clear coat!

Any surprises under the windshield?
Nope. Lower windshield/cowl is clean, which is a wonderful. Passenger A pillar rust is bad. I think it found its way in through a small rust hole in the top of the windshield channel. Hopefully, once I cut the gutter piece off, the rust will sand blast off the A pillar and it won't be so bad. I am sure it will need some patch work though. There are 3 nuts welded on the A pillar for the snorkel. We will replace these with a better option. Lower doors have some bubbling on the seam sealer, so I will cut those lower door skins off and replace them. Not sure on the quarters yet, they look clean but I am sure rust is lurking in there. Overall it looks better than I was thinking, just kinda beat up. We will set up some drywall scaffolding soon so we can access the top half of the vehicle :p

I am new to the forum and am grateful for all the information that can be attained here. You mentioned new lower door skin replacement panels. Do you have a source for those? I am repairing the rust on my 60 and in my search for panels I never saw door skins. I'll be watching this thread.

I am new to the forum and am grateful for all the information that can be attained here. You mentioned new lower door skin replacement panels. Do you have a source for those? I am repairing the rust on my 60 and in my search for panels I never saw door skins. I'll be watching this thread.
No source. I make my own.

Check Kelly’s other paint threads and probably YouTube for how to make your own panels.

Watch this:

Not to nit-pick, but those rear shackles are on backwards :)

What's your preferred method for stripping Kelly? Shirt first or pants? :p

Seriously though, looks like a paint stripping product, along with scraping, then finishing out with a contour-sct type tool. That about right?

Not to nit-pick, but those rear shackles are on backwards :)

What's your preferred method for stripping Kelly? Shirt first or pants? :p

Seriously though, looks like a paint stripping product, along with scraping, then finishing out with a contour-sct type tool. That about right?
None of it looks fun to me at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom