Dobinsons 3.5" Tapered Lift... or? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It definitely appears stretched. But I’m not sure how that would happen outside of a goof in production🤔 the whole things a weird issue
The main thing is that Dobinson is owning it and taking care of you.

5FAE8391-D44C-4209-8F62-42312E241617.jpeg
Thing are about to get real. break line extensions are suppose to be delivered tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone!

View attachment 2532451Thing are about to get real. break line extensions are suppose to be delivered tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone!

Nice. Do the break lines first. IMO its the worst part of the entire install. Great time to do a full bleed on the system as well. The fluid in the line going to my LSPV was super gross.

Nice. Do the break lines first. IMO its the worst part of the entire install. Great time to do a full bleed on the system as well. The fluid in the line going to my LSPV was super gross.
Brake lines went on pretty easy for me. Number one trick is to spray them with penetrant at least the night before. Then get yourselves a really good set of flare wrenches

Brake lines went on pretty easy for me. Number one trick is to spray them with penetrant at least the night before. Then get yourselves a really good set of flare wrenches

Getting them off was not bad. Its just a really gross job. I dont enjoy being under the truck covered in brake fluid. The soft line from the axle to frame on the driver front was pretty rough to get back on.

Very interesting.

I just installed the 146vt and 147vt advertised to me as 2.5" springs for use with the 4" shock for maximum travel. I went with the IMS shocks over the regular yellow so perhaps travel is different from the general lift height number.

I just measured after 45 miles on the springs and I am seeing 23" front and rear hub to fender.

Tube bumper and winch up front. Double swingout and drawers in the rear.
Hey man, is that this package? Dobinsons 2.5 - https://www.dobinsonsdirect.com/products/dobinsons-2-5-3-5-tapered-series-long-travel-ims-lift-kit-for-toyota-land-cruiser-80-series?rq=mk_toyota~md_80-series-landcruiser~yr_1992-1997-complete-suspension-lift-kit

Yes I am running that package and 4" delta arms up front. I have about 2000 miles on it now and love it.
Very cool! That's the one Dobinsons pointed me at when I told them my specs and what I was after. The "2.5" IMS shocks" that come with the package - I assume they are designed to allow more travel than a "normal" 2.5" lift would give because of the long travel?

Any chance you measured your distance from center of hub to bottom of flare? I'm aiming for ~24", or slightly less.

I saw in your previous post your truck weighs in at 5,700lbs. Mine is quite a bit heavier at just over 7,000.

Thanks for your help sir! :) :)
Andrew

Very cool! That's the one Dobinsons pointed me at when I told them my specs and what I was after. The "2.5" IMS shocks" that come with the package - I assume they are designed to allow more travel than a "normal" 2.5" lift would give because of the long travel?

Any chance you measured your distance from center of hub to bottom of flare? I'm aiming for ~24", or slightly less.

I saw in your previous post your truck weighs in at 5,700lbs. Mine is quite a bit heavier at just over 7,000.

Thanks for your help sir! :) :)
Andrew
That's a 2.5" lift setup that you linked, hub to fender would be like 22.5" to 23" max. For 24" hub to fender, you'll be looking for the 3.5" tapered coils plus spacers to get up that ~4" lift mark.

That comes with the longer shocks for 4-5" of lift for the most travel with those springs.

Thanks @crikeymike ! I would be totally ok with 23". Just don't really want it any taller than 24". The ride height in this picture is pretty well perfect. With my weight (7,000 without gear) would I be after these guys? And, are these all still "long travel"?

Rear: (3" REAR HEAVY)(C97-145VT) (or)
(3.5" FRONT HEAVY)(C97-144VT)

Front: (2.5" FRONT)(C97-146VT)
Andrews Landcruiser.jpg

I finally have an update on my weird issue. The left spring that measured 622 mm was warrantied and replaced with a spring that is 596 mm. The 80 now sits at 23 3/4” on the driver and 22 1/2” on the passenger with a quarter tank of gas in it. I feel like this thing will never be level😂

Due to differential offset to the passenger side, the entire drivetrain is situated a bit left of center. It should lean to the drivers side when only springs are installed with no spacers.

Due to differential offset to the passenger side, the entire drivetrain is situated a bit left of center. It should lean to the drivers side when only springs are installed with no spacers.
I didn’t know that, but it’s definitely leans to the passenger side🤦🏾‍♂️. I’m supprised it’s as much as it is though. Dobinsons specs the left spring to be 605 mm and the passenger to be 595. I’m sitting with the left at 609 mm and the right at 597 mm which is why I’m so surprised that it leans as much as I does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom