Fog light switch part # help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I just finished my last semester of classes and I got the news today that I will be traveling to New Mexico for clinical rotations with Indian health services in Shiprock NM. Now that I am done with classes and free for a few weeks before I have to leave for NM I am attempting to fix a few odds and ends before I leave.

The PO of of my current rig had this fog light switch installed to run some auxillary lighting. Problem is the switch has started sticking and it won't turn off. I have tried sanding the sides of the switch(hence the white plastic and scratches), cleaning the switch, and lubricating it, but it still keeps sticking. The wiring in the truck is very well done and I would like to avoid taking the dash apart to rewire a different switch. I have spent the last few hours scouring mud, amazon, and ebay attempting to find a replacement switch to no avail. I have found a couple of OEM fog light switches that appear very similar, just not quite the same, they have all been different on the plug end. Also, the current switch does not have any #'s or brand info stamped on it, although it certainly looks like it is a Toyota switch. The PO told me that slee did the all the wiring around 2008. Anyways, I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a plug and play switch to take care of the issue.
Once again thanks for all the advice and help. I love this forum.

20201210_220235.jpg

20201210_220231.jpg

20201210_220148.jpg

20201210_220208.jpg

20201210_220154.jpg

Update: I think I have officially looked at every part # referenced for fog light switches on this forum with no luck. Here is a picture of the other plug in the dash and the hole this switch lived in.
16077100571551175798458934090335.jpg

The plug to the right that is still in the dash is the same plug also.

I think I was able to blow out enough dust and dirt, lube it up, and work the switch enough that it should work again. This is a band aid fix and I will still need to find a plug and play switch or rewire a different switch.

Thanks for the response. I have looked at that switch a few times. As far as I can tell it has a different plug than the ones in my rig. It also has an outline around the light symbol and the ones currently in my rig do not have that outline around the symbol. The scion switch has a part # stamped on the back and mine do not. I am starting to think that the switches in my rig are not OEM. They have been in the truck sense at least 2008 if not earlier. I will probably end up ordering the scion switch and I will just have to pull the dash and rewire the new switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom