Edit: FJ62 Stolen in Portland, OR - FOUND! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, just walked out the door to go to work and had the sinking feeling when I saw the empty parking spot where my rig had been last night. It's a gray 1990 FJ62 (blue interior) with custom front and rear bumpers and rear tire carrier, OME lift on 31" rubber, and h55 conversion. License number is 355-GWY. Please keep an eye out for it! Thanks

IMG_3624.jpeg

That sucks! Seems like a rash of thefts in your area.
Good luck getting her back in one piece.

find it and escape...still some sanity left here in Texas, but we are running out of areas where folks are scared of consequences. Good luck.

Sucks! Heard about a number of vehicles being stolen recently. I think a couple folks had some success finding their rig by just driving around and checking out the homeless section of town. Not sure what the situation is like in Portland.

The last one was found with the homeless people gone maybe they have a thing for landcruisers

Older Toyotas are notoriously easy to break into. Wondering if that's why people are targeting vintage Cruisers? They may be targeting Corollas etc. as well, but obviously that wouldn't come up on this forum. I'm in a low-risk area, but still planning to wire in a hidden kill switch to at least make it a bit more of a challenge for a would-be thief.

Anyway, I sure hope you get your rig back!

Sucks! Heard about a number of vehicles being stolen recently. I think a couple folks had some success finding their rig by just driving around and checking out the homeless section of town. Not sure what the situation is like in Portland.
It's getting pretty ruthless here as far as vehicle thefts and vandalism. Going to do the search grid routine around my neighborhood after work today.

Drive around and look behind convenience stores, supermarkets, etc....places folks don't normally "see." They are often used then abandoned. Wishing you good luck.
Thanks for the good luck wishes. Portland's got the usual dumping grounds for stolen and abandoned vehicles around the homeless camps. Definitely going to cruise by the hot spots and keep my eye peeled.

Older Toyotas are notoriously easy to break into. Wondering if that's why people are targeting vintage Cruisers? They may be targeting Corollas etc. as well, but obviously that wouldn't come up on this forum. I'm in a low-risk area, but still planning to wire in a hidden kill switch to at least make it a bit more of a challenge for a would-be thief.

Anyway, I sure hope you get your rig back!
I'd recommend it. I'm kicking myself in the head for not wiring in a kill switch when I was doing the h55 swap a couple years ago. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda kind of situation for me. Never thought it would happen.

Dang that really stinks! Yes it seems there has been a run on 60s in PDX. Wish I had a garage but don't so I keep mine second in the driveway behinds my wife's car with the alarm.

Definitely check out NE 33rd from Columbia Blvd towards Marine drive. Also all the side streets off Lombard and Columbia Blvd in that area. I think two of the last ones were found up there with minimal damage.

Dang that really stinks! Yes it seems there has been a run on 60s in PDX. Wish I had a garage but don't so I keep mine second in the driveway behinds my wife's car with the alarm.

Definitely check out NE 33rd from Columbia Blvd towards Marine drive. Also all the side streets off Lombard and Columbia Blvd in that area. I think two of the last ones were found up there with minimal damage.
Thanks for the tip! Someone else just told me that there’s a known Toyota thief that hangs out around peninsula park area. Going to do a sweep around there.

I feel your pain my friend as we had ours stolen right out of the driveway on a Sunday morning. keep your hopes up in locating it. Ours showed up 8 months later and 1000 miles from home. Best of luck.

I remember the pit in my stomach when I walked out and my truck wasn't where I thought it was, and the confusion that followed. Mine showed up 9 months later, still had the fridge in it and everything. Someone had used it as transportation for a day or two I'm guessing and left it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom