Remote Start installation issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I'm adding the factory remote start to my '15 and have been having difficulty with the initialization of the modules. I've tried multiple times and my local dealer also tried but was not able to get the system to initialize. Any hidden tricks to initialization? Anyone else have this same experience?

Kelly

Let me know if you found an alternative solution.

From my research, This is not a DIY task. The initialization can be only done by dealership. The dealer need to connect to techstream and have subscription to TIS. In additional, the dealer need to be a member of NASTF.

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 7.40.10 PM.png

Let me know if you found an alternative solution.

From my research, This is not a DIY task. The initialization can be only done by dealership. The dealer need to connect to techstream and have subscription to TIS. In additional, the dealer need to be a member of NASTF.

View attachment 2519664
Correct, you need tech stream to enable the remote start, however before you get to the tech stream part you need to register the modules, the instructions are to open the hood, close the doors and cycle the start button five times and then the lights flash. once this is done then you can see the new ECUs in tech stream and go from there. I'm stuck at the registration process that doesn't require tech stream

try Up, Up, down, down, Left, right, left, right, A, B, Select, Start. It worked in Contra.
For real though: start at page #16 looks like you already got it right to that point.

Attachments

• 2015 Remote Start.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I'd like to add this to my '15 LX as well. The crazy thing is I brought this up with my Lexus dealer and he told me there was no way to do a factory option. $832 for an aftermarket with a separate dongle. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom