High Output Alternator For KZJ78 in USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone , new to the forum Just purchased a kzj78 few weeks ago. Located in NY
I need to source a high output Alternator Here in the states.
Ive been looking and can only find them in AUS and 1. The alternators i have found dont specify the fitment on a KZJ78, but they are for a 1kzte so i thnk they should work , can someone confirm that for me please.
2. I dont think they are shipping to US at the moment.
(Wont let me put in my adress)

See link below.

There may be a higher output unit from another Toyota application that will bolt up... factory Denso is best, IME. How much amperage do you need?
Yea thats what i would like to know if maybe i have other options other then shipping from australia ...
also i need more amperage since i want to add more music and run dual battery and i can tell that the oem one is just not enough..for example when i hit the switch for my windows all the lights dimmer because of the current its drawing and i want to add more music like i said before so deffinately needed plus the LED bar i added

Yea thats what i would like to know if maybe i have other options other then shipping from australia ...
also i need more amperage since i want to add more music and run dual battery and i can tell that the oem one is just not enough..for example when i hit the switch for my windows all the lights dimmer because of the current its drawing and i want to add more music like i said before so deffinately needed plus the LED bar i added
The LED light bar is not going to draw much. From what you have described, the current alternator sounds like it isn't working as it should. Dual battery set-ups don't warrant the use of a higher out put alternator. To give you an idea I am running the stock alternator with:

Sound system
Dual batteries
60L engle fridge
Fyrlyt nemesis 9000s (500 watt halogens)
ARB twin v air compressor

I have not had an issue with the stock one. As Onur stated above, high output alternators don't get close to their advertised rating.

Best bet is to rebuild it.

Hello,

x2.

A good shop can breathe new life into these parts.

As mentioned above, it is also a good chance to check your wiring and grounds.

Juan

What ever came of this? Did you rebuild or replace the alternator? I'm trying to source an alternator for my 93 kzj78 and its been difficult

The 1KZ TE alternator may work with the 1KZ T Its DXA 519

The OEX "DXA519" is for the 1KZ TE, it may work with the 1KZ T

Perhaps Terrain Tamer makes high output alternators that will work in your application.

Doubt it. KZJXX never went to Oz.
Maybe this 100amp TT alternator from a 1KD FTV in a 150 series would work if you can change the pulley. Some aussie ebayers are advertising a 130amp alternator for this model. The Hiace and Hilux are the same alternator as the Prado

1620257277929.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom