Is there a seal for the transmission Hump on 1976 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macdaddy59

SILVER Star
Threads
Cleaned and scraped and then sandblasted my transmission hump to repaint and get ready for install. Is there a gasket that is used or some type of sealer on the edge of the transmission hump before install? It seems I scraped a ton of black stuff off that edge when i was prepping for sandblasting. Also, anybody have a thought about what to replace the top rubbery stuff with or should I leave it bare without the 3/16 rubber protector on it.

Any of you that have bought the SOR gasket what is the thickness? I have some neoprene that has an adhesive back but it's only 1/8" thick. TIA

Any of you that have bought the SOR gasket what is the thickness? I have some neoprene that has an adhesive back but it's only 1/8" thick. TIA

I didn't measure it but maybe you can get an idea from the pictures I posted in the thread I linked above.

I bought some 1/8 thick neoprene gasket material that was 1 inch wide and installed it with black silicone gasket goo and it came out great. Oh yea a hell of a lot cheaper than SOR

I bought some 1/8 thick neoprene gasket material that was 1 inch wide and installed it with black silicone gasket goo and it came out great. Oh yea a hell of a lot cheaper than SOR
Thanks. That’s what I ended up doing this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom