need a little help with 90925-05052 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wasn't quiet sure whether to post this here or in the 60 section but since this is technically for a 12ht I'll start here. I'm looking for a replacement BVSV for my 12HT. This operates the idle up when the engine is cold. I know the correct part is no longer available but I believe there is a replacement part that operates in a close enough temp range. The original part number is 90925-05052. I tossed my broken one I think so, I don't remember what color it was. I know the colors on the various ones dictate their operating range. I remember reading a thread a while back referencing the temps and colors but cant seem to find it and it's making my head spin. I also don't recall which ones open or close at temp so that's making it more confusing for me as well. The one I need should close at a certain temp and normally be open. These bi metal switching valves were on all models of gasser and diesel cruisers and I had this one laying around from a 2f that I used to plug the hole until I find a suitable replacement. It is 90925-05046 Thanks in advance

20200912_144455.jpg

20200912_152623.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @roma042987, how did you end up going with finding a suitable replacement. Im in the same situation with my 12ht and have been enquiring at about every wrecking yard to see if they have a 12ht for parts or whether they have the KE70 corolla which also carries the 90925-05052 part supposedly.

Hey @roma042987, how did you end up going with finding a suitable replacement. Im in the same situation with my 12ht and have been enquiring at about every wrecking yard to see if they have a 12ht for parts or whether they have the KE70 corolla which also carries the 90925-05052 part supposedly.

I haven't found a suitable replacement.

So there seems to be a lot of similar switches but no one knows their temperature range.
Would the 12HT be vastly different to other engines?
I seen some purplish used ones for sale if that's the correct colour for 12HT.

i just had a look at mine and it seems to have lost its colour

Some of the mauve ones seem to fade to that colour. Its probably from the 30+ years of heat and oils.
You could probably work out the faded colour with some cleaning and sandpaper

Would the 12HT be vastly different to other engines?

Yes and no.. it really depends on what function it's used for. The opening and closing temps is what's key here. Anything open below say 120 to 140 degrees is acceptable.

Last edited:
ahh so then it would probably be purple in colour, @roscoFJ73 where have you seen the purplish ones for sale?

I can't look at my other engine to confirm color at the moment. Problem with sourcing a used one is it would need to be checked for performance and who knows how much life is left at it's age.

Last edited:
True @roma042987, to remove and install a new BVSV, would you have to drain the coolant to have the oil cooler then empty before you go undoing the old one?
I wouldn't do that simply to change it. If you're careful you could do it without losing much or any fluid at all

ahh so then it would probably be purple in colour, @roscoFJ73 where have you seen the purplish ones for sale?

Here . It has the same part# as Onur suggested 90925-05035

I saw someone had a big batch of used ones on ebay also

Here . It has the same part# as Onur suggested 90925-05035

I saw someone had a big batch of used ones on ebay also

If the info in the second post of below thread is correct then those will simply not work. perhaps we could get @OSS to share where the info about the temps was sourced.
FJ60 2F Bi Metal Valve Question | IH8MUD Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom