Red Line- Customers 45LV Resto Mod Build " Pope's rig" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AC conversion
Our first round for the tube re structure VS the second. As you can see dropping the back side of the unit down towards the floor, created a better shape for the air flow. I didn't like the look of the unit tilting downward but airflow negated my perception.

DSC07766.JPG

DSC08060.JPG

DSC08066.JPG

Rear axle conversion
Rear diff time while we wait on other components to come in for the mock up stage. We took a 78 40 rear axle and sent it to get blasted. 3 things that need to happen overall for various reasons. Brake Lines/ fitting sizes, 78 rear drum brake conversion and housing fab as it relates to pinion angle and sway bar tabs.
Brake lines are going to 10mm fittings for the whole truck. I certainly can't use the drum brake lines for what we are doing from a single master standpoint. So we have to build all new lines for the chassis and axles. We use new Custom Long thread stainless ends from classic tube. The one thing that I dislike about them is the wrench size. 7/16 / 11mm, I wish they would change that. However they work great so I buy them in 100's at a time.
Pinion angle was checked from the OEM axle and will be applied to the 40 rear donor axle. They are different from a wheelbase standpoint and since we are lifting it up 2.5" we will make a 1-2 degree change upwards for that.
Sway bar tabs are 1/8" cut from our plasma table.

DSC08073.JPG

DSC08074.JPG

DSC08075.JPG

DSC08182.JPG

DSC08184.JPG

Rear brake swap
Leaf perch old, leaf perch new. Donor 78 brake parts for mock up and our new brake line material. We use a cupro-nickel alloy 3/16" tube. I do this so we don't have to send out steel lines to get CAD plated. They never come back the same no matter how good we ship them out. This alloy also prevents condensation forming into rust inside the tube.

Justin

DSC08188.JPG

DSC08189.JPG

DSC08192.JPG

DSC08196.JPG

DSC08198.JPG

Interesting. I wonder of was some kind of aftermarket kit for the era.... The mounts are perfectly shaped! So odd'

Justin
1606771372184.png

Could be. Ours was in Colorado all its life until we sold it, so maybe a regional rack maker?

Quick question on the upper tailgate supports. Are those supposed to lock when you put them up and then unlock if you lift it a bit higher? Mine seem like they want to do that but don't. I have to tighten the knob so it doesn't give me a knot on the top of my head!

Early blazers and broncos did the same! The knob i'm assuming is for insurance

Justin

Rear brake conversion
Laid out the new lines in mock up form with wire. Made sure I like the bends and overall scheme. We have to make room for u-bolts and bump stop pads so it may perceive a tad goofy looking. After that, bent up the actual tube to mimic

Justin

DSC08199.JPG

DSC08203.JPG

DSC08201.JPG

DSC08210.JPG

DSC08212.JPG

10MM oem TEE, back from billmark CAD plating. They do a good job!
DSC08213.JPG

I'm interested in knowing more about this.

Im working on the, behind my schedule for release has been updated to end of this month. It will come with Our custom mount, custom stub shaft and will have the option for the box side as well. Pricing is NA at this point. Slight welding for the stub shaft and the mount will be bolt on. You can always email me and we can keep you in the loop, or if you have any questions

Justin

really nice Justin. Maybe one day I can sweep the floors there if I ever move to Colorado! :)

Engine swap/ mock up
Going to 2F for end user reliability and function, with a F135 Dress overall. Mocking up is our key for success. So I Found a early 2F donor core, stripped. Found a good core J30 and t case to throw on the 2F. I will be doing a fan clutch water pump set up with the 2 groove pulley set up. That has to be done for the AC and PS set up. I will say she looks way better with a 2F that that old V8, even at this stage!

Justin

DSC08447.JPG

DSC08449.JPG

DSC08450.JPG

DSC08452.JPG

DSC08445.JPG

Im working on the, behind my schedule for release has been updated to end of this month. It will come with Our custom mount, custom stub shaft and will have the option for the box side as well. Pricing is NA at this point. Slight welding for the stub shaft and the mount will be bolt on. You can always email me and we can keep you in the loop, or if you have any questions

Justin

Thanks Justin,

My '66 LV is just too original and correct to cut up too much, but power steering would make a huge difference. I'll be in touch.

Chuck

Justin, I love the idea of power steering with the 3 on the tree! My 45 still has it, and I love shifting on the column! Also nice to fit my kids on the bench without the floor shift in the way. What is the upper column support in the pic above? Looks like it’s clamped on?

Justin, I love the idea of power steering with the 3 on the tree! My 45 still has it, and I love shifting on the column! Also nice to fit my kids on the bench without the floor shift in the way. What is the upper column support in the pic above? Looks like it’s clamped on?

That was a mock up holding jig. It's intent was to allow me to build the PS kit with out having the column move on me. I wanted our new mount to hold the column in the perfect OEM position!

Justin

AC conversion
Ac Condenser we use for AC conversions. This condenser is from resto mod air. It is not the same as the 40 series from vintage air. I hate the one that comes with VA. Multiple reasons for me. This can be debated as with everything else, but my reasons are from my experience.
VA says to move the rad holder back, for me that could be the dumbest move. Toyota designed fan blades to be in certain positions with in the shroud. Moving those dims can make the fan not as efficient. Up at our elevation It is key to stay cool going up mountain passes in the summer with the AC on. So we use a resto mod air unit. We made the following mounting brackets and spacers to keep the condenser in front with space between the radiator and allows room behind the shroud for the compressor wheel. So we bent up some 1/8", installed riv nuts for simple "1 tool" serviceability!

DSC08553.JPG

DSC08558.JPG

DSC08567.JPG

DSC08565.JPG

DSC08569.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom