AHC Inop after fluid change 2007 lx C1751 and C1762 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not got to it yet. Did make it to the stealer before work for the fluid this morning but other things came up this evening, should be able to wrap this up Monday I hope... I've convinced myself I still have some air in there... We'll see.
Could be, you reported getting 6 oz from the accumulator. @PADDO's instructions say the accumulator max bleeds .3 liter which is around 10 oz. Good luck

Could be, you reported getting 6 oz from the accumulator. @PADDO's instructions say the accumulator max bleeds .3 liter which is around 10 oz. Good luck
FIXED! Blead 8 oz from accumulator and at the corners to the bump stops from n with truck off. I'm getting changes under 20 seconds and spec accumulator pressures. Tomorrow I'll carefully flush the system with fresh fluid. Last pic is the fluid I started with before this adventure began. Grads now at 9.

1129201937.jpg

1129201936.jpg

1129201935.jpg

1129201934.jpg

1123202049b.jpg

FIXED! Blead 8 oz from accumulator and at the corners to the bump stops from n with truck off. I'm getting changes under 20 seconds and spec accumulator pressures. Tomorrow I'll carefully flush the system with fresh fluid. Last pic is the fluid I started with before this adventure began. Grads now at 9.

View attachment 2510542

View attachment 2510543

View attachment 2510545

View attachment 2510547

View attachment 2510549
Excellent news sounds like all the air is finally out.

Excellent news sounds like all the air is finally out.
Fluid looks like some sort of concoction of brake fluid/ hydraulic fluid glad u got that out before it did fatal damage. You may consider some 30 mil. Spacers for the rear which will drop the there pressure some.

View attachment 2510542

View attachment 2510543

View attachment 2510545

View attachment 2510547

View attachment 2510549
Is it accurate to say the cause of your trouble might have been the accumulator bleeder being open while the tube fell off, allowing air to enter back into the system?

This is a great cautionary story for others so it'd be good to pin down what caused it if we can.

Thanks for all the follow up!

Is it accurate to say the cause of your trouble might have been the accumulator bleeder being open while the tube fell off, allowing air to enter back into the system?

This is a great cautionary story for others so it'd be good to pin down what caused it if we can.

Thanks for all the follow up!
I think this is the most likely cause.

That was a lot of help going back and forth good job guys. I have a 03 lx470 new to me. My vgrs and traction control lights were on when I first got it. I could not get it to get too high level. When I fix the vgrs traction fault everything started to work correctly. I believe my issue was a burnt fuse under the right side of the dash. Also I read somewhere that you can get an extra height when in 4 low and high has been selected. I do not have the owner's manual, Is anyone aware of this? Also I would like to gain about 2 inches of height while keeping the AHC
If it's possible?

Forgot to mention the cause of the fuse burning out is more than likely in the right rear view mirror. For now I bypassed it like other mud members mentioned to put the rear view mirror selector in the middle so not to the left or to the right.

That was a lot of help going back and forth good job guys. I have a 03 lx470 new to me. My vgrs and traction control lights were on when I first got it. I could not get it to get too high level. When I fix the vgrs traction fault everything started to work correctly. I believe my issue was a burnt fuse under the right side of the dash. Also I read somewhere that you can get an extra height when in 4 low and high has been selected. I do not have the owner's manual, Is anyone aware of this? Also I would like to gain about 2 inches of height while keeping the AHC
If it's possible?
The H+ mode is activated by the rig in certain conditions. It isn't manually activated.

If it's possible?

If I follow correctly, you're wanting to keep AHC, but have all heights 2" higher?

AHC is already a ~2" lift on demand. If you want a permanent 2" lift and to still use the 2" over neutral that AHC normally provides, you'll need shock extenders, Adjustable UCAs up front and a few other things I think. Definitely doable, but that juice may not be worth the squeeze, IMO.

Most fully built rigs without AHC have a 2-2.5" lift. It's rare to see a 100 with 4" of lift. Definitely not necessary for most folks "moderate" to "difficult" trail use. Also note that with the 100, vehicle height is not the limiter for tire size. AKA, if you want big tires, a lift is not what you need. You have to trim away liners and pinchwelds and possible relocate components in the fender well. More lift doesn't really change any of that.

If I follow correctly, you're wanting to keep AHC, but have all heights 2" higher?

AHC is already a ~2" lift on demand. If you want a permanent 2" lift and to still use the 2" over neutral that AHC normally provides, you'll need shock extenders, Adjustable UCAs up front and a few other things I think. Definitely doable, but that juice may not be worth the squeeze, IMO.

Most fully built rigs without AHC have a 2-2.5" lift. It's rare to see a 100 with 4" of lift. Definitely not necessary for most folks "moderate" to "difficult" trail use. Also note that with the 100, vehicle height is not the limiter for tire size. AKA, if you want big tires, a lift is not what you need. You have to trim away liners and pinchwelds and possible relocate components in the fender well. More lift doesn't really change any of that.
Yes I would like to keep the AHC. I am going to do uca probably SPC's. I did SPC on a 4th gen 4runner and only gained 3/16 droop with 5100 bilsteins. I did the uca to align and I was impressed with quality but disappointed with the droop. I would like to put larger tires probably 33s.

Yes I would like to keep the AHC. I am going to do uca probably SPC's. I did SPC on a 4th gen 4runner and only gained 3/16 droop with 5100 bilsteins. I did the uca to align and I was impressed with quality but disappointed with the droop. I would like to put larger tires probably 33s.
FWIW, you can run 33's (actually 33.5's) with no lift at all and zero rubbing. I'd save any permanent lift over ~1" or so for the very bottom of a build list. You should be doing front and rear bumpers, full skids, sliders, etc... first. From a functional standpoint, at least. IMO, lifting a 100 doesn't do much unless it's paired with a long list of other items.

FWIW, you can run 33's (actually 33.5's) with no lift at all and zero rubbing. I'd save any permanent lift over ~1" or so for the very bottom of a build list. You should be doing front and rear bumpers, full skids, sliders, etc... first. From a functional standpoint, at least. IMO, lifting a 100 doesn't do much unless it's paired with a long list of other items.
Actually right now I'm doing the rack and pinion it was leaking and also the bushings were really bad. I already rebuilt the electric motor for the ABS unit. Just trying to Baseline it going to also do the lower ball joints. I don't know if I'm going to do the upper control arms at this time but I do see the ball joints are bad and the bushings probably are bad also.

Actually right now I'm doing the rack and pinion it was leaking and also the bushings were really bad. I already rebuilt the electric motor for the ABS unit. Just trying to Baseline it going to also do the lower ball joints. I don't know if I'm going to do the upper control arms at this time but I do see the ball joints are bad and the bushings probably are bad also.
Not a bad idea to do the ball joints and bushings on most 100's at this point. Those rubber bits only last so long. Good luck!

Good afternoon my AHC friends! I got around to installing some 30mm spacers this afternoon. Install was straightforward. I fired techstream up and it brought my rear pressures down by 0.5. Not quite as much as I was hoping. Also strangely whenever I would go from Lo to N or N to Hi I would hear a beep / squeak from the height accumulator about 1/2 the time. I blead a quart thought but this did not seem to help. I took it for a short drive, about 1/4 mile and the beep/squeak is gone! I can hear a hiss as the from the accumulator as the pump stops but I'm pretty sure this is normal and I can only hear it if I have the window down. Strangely I checked my grads and shockingly I went from 8-9 grads to 12-13 grads! I almost don't believe that these original 13 year old globes are giving me 12-13 grads... any thoughts??? Also I am looking to tow a 5,000 lb travel trailer maybe 200-300 miles+ 3 people this summer. Do you think my AHC can handle this with rear pressure at 6.3? Do I need new springs? Thanks! Also for anyone looking for cheap spacers you can get Nolathalen 30mm spacers part number REV170.0008 right now on ebay shipped for under 40$ most others go for 75$+

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom