What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve had my RTT fairing on for a while now but made it slide today so I can pull it out away from the tent when I deploy it. Before, I would remove it completely to deploy the RTT. Just simply added some Unistrut rail to the equation. Will use wingnuts / lock washers on the fairing sliding portion for quickness.

2E8E1732-6C64-4F95-95DF-179D82392238.jpeg
E7F1D3D1-80B6-41D6-91EE-06023BD583D3.jpeg
20B2E767-5C4C-4878-BBF1-DA423790E577.jpeg
B95DC1EB-DA71-42E3-B0A7-5FCBBCA28B76.jpeg

Installed Ironman 4x4 bumper, and mocked up light force driving lights. Still waiting on Deutsch connectors to arrive from amazon to finish wiring them. Liking the look. Thinking about doing a write for the bumper installation. Any interest there?
IMG_1443.JPG

62804756712__7872F387-A1D4-428C-B9FC-7A3837F01816.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

I built my own cup holder insert to hold my Hydro Flask coffee mug securely. I used some 3” OD thin wall tube and made a tapered ring that fit around the outside of the tube and snuggly in the bottom of the cup holder. I added some strong double stick tape to the bottom on the ring and called it good. It has been in use for almost a month and is working out great.

41908BCC-8433-4208-AC73-785E36C40C13.jpeg

F725A9D8-27D9-4748-88B1-C356CA848949.jpeg

Replaced the noisy serpentine belt tensioner pulley bearing. Didn't notice it until I replaced the howling idler pulley, now you can hardly hear it running ! Local Toyota dealer was out of stock but NAPA saved the day on both. Idler pulley w/bearing-#36026. Tensioner bearing #6203-2RSJ.

@CruiserDave/Landshark drawers painted and installed. Just gotta fill ‘em.

1606522958420.jpeg

Built my own wing kit, cuz, I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed.
1606539565918.jpeg

Painted the drawers orange, cuz, why not?
1606539648693.jpeg

Also wired and installed an iceco fridge. Wit’s End wiring harness and a custom mount for the Anderson plug replacing the rear ashtray 3D printed by @BenCC

1606539992793.jpeg

Those seat covers look incredible!
Did you install or have professionally done?

I had them installed by a local upholstery shop, I'm happy with the result. Don't think I have the time or patience to have done it nearly as well.

Looks amazing! I love the two-tone, I definitely see that kit in my future.

That is the 80 series 40th anniversary combo, which you can order from Land Cruiser Heaven, and it matched the color scheme of my 100 series panels/dash. My leather was probably the worst part of my truck, really looks a lot better now. I was doing that 200 series upgrade debate but really like how the 100 series looks on the exterior, and mine runs just fine, so decided to keep my old truck and freshen it up a bit.

Full disclosure, this is less of a "this week" post and more of a "last month an a half" post.

Back in early October I made a risky purchase on a misfiring 2004 LX470 with a massive hole in the radiator.

Despite my optimism, I discovered that the simplest explanation for the misfire was, in fact, the problem. It had been overheated by the previous owner which warped the heads and scoured the cylinders. Unfortunately the engine was beyond repair.

Over the next few weeks I was able to source a relatively low-mile 2001 Tundra engine, get the LX parts swapped onto the new engine, replace the timing belt, replace any hoses that looked dry or rotted, and finally install the engine.

This swap wouldn't have been remotely possible without all the help I received from all of you, both directly and from reading past posts!

Here is a quick photo summary:

I seemed like every time I couldn't remove a bolt or disconnect a connector, one of my friends would be able to get it in a matter of seconds.
Yay for friends!
IMG_6670.JPG

Out it comes, no turning back now.
IMG_6677.jpg

Getting ready to swap the oil pans, exhaust manifolds, oil dipstick, oil cooler assemblies, and intake manifolds.
IMG_0120.jpg

I got spoiled on my first timing belt job with the engine removed.
IMG_0140.jpg

After the install, the engine started right up. I was surprised that I couldn't find a singe leak, I felt like I won the lottery!

The only other issue I had was that the AHC would flash "off" after I began driving. Without having access to techstream, I unplugged each height sensor and narrowed down the problem to the front left sensor. $160 later and everything on the truck worked flawlessly.

And finally some testing. It's been up the the mountains three times so far. After many roadside bolt checks, I'm happy to say that it is holding together quite well.
IMG_6921.jpg

Looks amazing! What lens color are you going to use?
I'll probably run the amber combos most of the time, as they're supposed to have broader output, which think should be more useful. Haven't a chance to run them yet, so fingers crossed.
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.22.26 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom