Need help identifying electronic ignition system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone can identify this electronic ignition system. It's in a 1974 FJ40 I recently purchased from a person in Dallas, but it originated in California. There are no manufacturer's information or part numbers on the unit. Thanks.
IMG_1395.JPG

is it just he cap and wires? or is the distributor body still in the engine block?

^^^ what he said.

Though, with the number of aftermarket stuff available, not sure about how GM it could be anymore. Part on the aftermarket stuff can usually be swapped directly with GM OEM parts (I usually try and convince the part counter guy I have an late 70's camaro with a straight 6 to get the right plug wires and such, I get odd looks, an I6 in a CAMARO?, but they find it in the computer and get the right parts).

The big red plastic coil cover is a bit different. But really just a piece of plastic covering the coil.

Last edited:
De7-lLhUYAAEVZR - Copy - Copy (3)1 - Copy11.jpg

any way you look at it ..

it 's NOT Oem toyota of any kind

when ever non-toyota intermingles with OEM toyota ignition parts .

PO this happen in a bad bad way :confused:

25798.gif

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated. The cruiser was running fine and then one day it just wouldn't start. Think the problem is ignition related. New to cruisers so will probably be tapping into the knowledge available at IH8MUD on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom