Wire terminal crimping tool ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking more in the 22- 12 range for most other terminals in our cruisers. Mike

if you want quality crimp this is what you want and for wire striping this

71AkRljkauL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

58UR82_AW01.jpg

Hi, I was looking at the Knipex ones

For most sizes of automotive wiring, Good German or Japanese ratcheting crimpers are your friend. My son, an electrician, recommends Klein and Knipex. Some rather nice Knipex and Wiha are rebranded as Irwins, believe it or not, and sell for about 1/2 to 2/3ds the price of the Knipex and WIha brand. Look for the Made in Germany stamp to identify them.

Quality tools are expensive but rapidly pay for themselves if you value your time and peace of mind. Few things in life are more aggravating than cheap screwdrivers and those cheapo auto parts store crimpers that come with a hundred random terminals.

there is no need for brand name , if he gets Knipex terminal crimper it will cost him over 150 $ but on amazon you can get one for about 20 $ and wire striper for 30 $ that is total off 50 $
and it will work perfectly fine i m using cheap one over 15 years with no problems

If it’s from China I won’t buy it, I’m not supporting communism . Mike

I have used an S&G crimping tool that I got from Mac tools years ago. It works great but the one thing that I wish was a thing (and maybe it is, I just can't find it) would be terminal crimping tools that were just one size, to facilitate fixing wires in tight spaces or in a harness already.

If it’s from China I won’t buy it, I’m not supporting communism . Mike
look around your house and garage you have over 50 % items from CHINA so guess what YOU do support communism
and if you really stand behind what you just stated fact is you would be walking naked

don't bring logic into this :rolleyes:

Second on Wirefly for a terminal crimper. I have all of my Klein gear from work, but needed to add a terminal crimper - Been happy so far and cheap on Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B07GFXHH91
If you need to crimp lugs at some point, these (or similar) work pretty well. Hydraulic is a little pricey for the half dozen lugs I need to crimp a year. They're also nice as small to throw in the tool box for the bush.

Amazon product ASIN B00F0SLLFA

American made is a way of life. It will take your entire life to pay for it. I have made a conscious choice to go American made when I can. Some single use items are great from China but the quality of tools at a yard sale.....makes me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom