1980 2f Alternator Pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I'm in need of a stock alternator pulley...apparently the one on it now is too small and cutting the belt. Any sources?

If there is an option to get a new alternator I would be open to that idea while I'm in there.

Thanks in advance!

^^^
This. He has it on his website.

the one on it now is too small and cutting the belt

When you say too small do you mean too narrow? I ask because I’m pretty sure the F engines have the wide alternator belt and the 2F engines have the narrow alternator belt. Some pics of your belts and pulleys would help clear it up. Maybe your setup has been altered?

When you say too small do you mean too narrow? I ask because I’m pretty sure the F engines have the wide alternator belt and the 2F engines have the narrow alternator belt. Some pics of your belts and pulleys would help clear it up. Maybe your setup has been altered?

It’s at the mechanic right now, but by the sounds of it they either replaced the alternator and it has the wrong size pulley or just the pulley was replaced at some point. Thanks for chiming in!

Sorry, but the info you are giving is not going to help someone get you a pulley that works. You may have the right alternator pulley on there now but the belt is too wide because changes have been made to the other pulleys to accommodate de-smogging, fan style changes, or the addition of power steering or ac. The alternator bracket may have been altered to fit a non-stock unit. That is why pictures would help and save you, us, your mechanic and the pulley supplier a lot of time.

Sorry, but the info you are giving is not going to help someone get you a pulley that works. You may have the right alternator pulley on there now but the belt is too wide because changes have been made to the other pulleys to accommodate de-smogging, fan style changes, or the addition of power steering or ac. The alternator bracket may have been altered to fit a non-stock unit. That is why pictures would help and save you, us, your mechanic and the pulley supplier a lot of time.

Completely agree with what you’re saying, I’ll be getting a picture of the engine bay as soon as I can. In the middle of a military move right now with the 40 not co located with me. Just trying my best to relay from the mechanic to the forum!

Does @ToyotaMatt typically respond quickly? Having a hard time getting a hold of him after the order.

your Pulley , and its corresponding retainer nut have been USPS Express mail 24 hour or less overnight ed to you

sorry for tardy reply , tis the very busy season in upon us / me .............

thanks matt

38_img-rib-ace-serpentine-belt.jpg

1606362337861.png

1606362351590.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom