SOLD Nova Scotia: H150F manual transmission swap for 3FE FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
NEW PRICE

The ultimate upgrade for your 3FE 80 series!

I have for sale an H150F manual transmission swap for a 1991-1992 FJ80 with the 3FE. I bought this back in March and had it shipped from Sydney Australia.

Whats included:

USED:
- H150F from 1990 FJ80R
- Transfer case (HF1A or HF2A not sure)
- 3FE bellhousing with adaptor plate
- Flywheel
- Bellhousing bolts
- RHD shifter (should be able to heat up and bend into LHD orientation)
- Clutch pedal and pedal box
- shifter boots (x3)
- Master cyl
- Slave cyl
- Clutch lines (hard and soft)
- Driveshafts front and rear
- Aftermarket upgraded Safari clutch
- Crossmember (same as auto)
- Trans mount

NEW:
- Pressure plate (OE, Aisin)
- Clutch disc (OEM)
- Flywheel bolts (OEM)
- Clutch bolts (OEM)
- Master cyl rebuild kit (OEM)
- Slave cyl rebuild kit (OEM)

The transmission is of unknown mileage, but all gears are present and rotating the input shaft it feels fine. Not sure which transfer case is attached to it, but it did come out of a standard spec Aus 80 series with manual hubs on it so it *may* be part time.

Only selling because I’m going a different route with my 80 (HDJ81 5spd donor truck). The deeper gearing of the H150F vs the A440F (4.53:1 vs 2.95:1 1st gear and 0.881:1 vs 0.717:1 overdrive) was going to be my solution to my gearing woes (3FE on 33’s with stock gears). In top gear it would be the equivalent of switching to a 5.07:1 axle ratio with the automatic.

The trans and everything is still sitting on a pallet so I’m happy to arrange shipping with a potential buyer. I’m away at sea until Dec.16th, my donor HDJ81 should be showing up then too and unless it’s a total dud I’ll be offloading this.

I’d like to see $3750 $2850 for everything.

Last edited:
58A0FEB5-35A6-4CEC-BDE8-BF99CA6835B6.jpeg
BF06E92A-3DFD-4A3F-ABD9-537A1FD6B54B.jpeg
2F843D8C-D206-4206-BB93-B47AAE08AE8E.jpeg

I should add, I am open to offers on this! Cash talks.

Cheers

Updated OP to reflect new price. I know there's gotta be some 3FE'ers who are itching to shift gears!!

Halifax, NS, Canada

I ended up swapping it into my FJ80 as an interim measure while I prepared the 1HD-T. But it works so well, I’m really just thinking I’ll sell the 1HD-T and keep this trans running behind the 3FE

Wish you still had yours for sale. I'm looking to do this. Just wondering who you originally ordered it from?

Still the best thing I’ve done to the 80. I found mine on Gumtree.au, the guy had all the swap parts and was keen to put it on a pallet. Had to do all the shipping and logistics myself.

NEW PRICE

The ultimate upgrade for your 3FE 80 series!

I have for sale an H150F manual transmission swap for a 1991-1992 FJ80 with the 3FE. I bought this back in March and had it shipped from Sydney Australia.

Whats included:

USED:
- H150F from 1990 FJ80R
- Transfer case (HF1A or HF2A not sure)
- 3FE bellhousing with adaptor plate
- Flywheel
- Bellhousing bolts
- RHD shifter (should be able to heat up and bend into LHD orientation)
- Clutch pedal and pedal box
- shifter boots (x3)
- Master cyl
- Slave cyl
- Clutch lines (hard and soft)
- Driveshafts front and rear
- Aftermarket upgraded Safari clutch
- Crossmember (same as auto)
- Trans mount

NEW:
- Pressure plate (OE, Aisin)
- Clutch disc (OEM)
- Flywheel bolts (OEM)
- Clutch bolts (OEM)
- Master cyl rebuild kit (OEM)
- Slave cyl rebuild kit (OEM)

The transmission is of unknown mileage, but all gears are present and rotating the input shaft it feels fine. Not sure which transfer case is attached to it, but it did come out of a standard spec Aus 80 series with manual hubs on it so it *may* be part time.

Only selling because I’m going a different route with my 80 (HDJ81 5spd donor truck). The deeper gearing of the H150F vs the A440F (4.53:1 vs 2.95:1 1st gear and 0.881:1 vs 0.717:1 overdrive) was going to be my solution to my gearing woes (3FE on 33’s with stock gears). In top gear it would be the equivalent of switching to a 5.07:1 axle ratio with the automatic.

The trans and everything is still sitting on a pallet so I’m happy to arrange shipping with a potential buyer. I’m away at sea until Dec.16th, my donor HDJ81 should be showing up then too and unless it’s a total dud I’ll be offloading this.

I’d like to see $3750 $2850 for everything.
Still available?? I’ll take it all I’m in Ontario

Still available?? I’ll take it all I’m in Ontario

I ended up swapping it into my FJ80, no longer for sale - any questions on the swap, or finding a H150F feel free to pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom