Fiberglass Tub, hood, fenders, bib, bezel, & aprons......is there a market for these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
A friend of mine inherited a 1977 project FJ40 when the PO passed away. The PO already purchased the fiberglass mentioned in the title and bolted the tub onto the frame. Unfortunately, that is as far as he got before passing away. The current owner would like to sell all of the fiberglass and locate a decent steel tub. I am trying to help him with the process of selling the fiberglass and acquire the steel tub, but, I'm just not sure what the market is for the fiberglass items, which are all NEW. The hood, fenders, bib, and aprons have never been mounted, drilled, cut, etc....Thoughts welcome.

Parts located in WI

Thanks,
Drake

pictures or it didnt happen.
there are two fiberglass tubs, the better one and the crappy one....neither are really that great, but the better is markedly better than the crappy one.

pictures or it didnt happen.
there are two fiberglass tubs, the better one and the crappy one....neither are really that great, but the better is markedly better than the crappy one.
Hi Brian, is there a way to tell? Gozzard and Mallote are the two names that come to mind.

This one has just the raised portion.

If the price is low enough, there will be a market for it ;)

I've heard more fitment issues with fiberglass than not. I haven't heard one brand being much better than the other.

In a place that salts the roads, I'd just go ahead and use the fiberglass stuff.
The current owner has no plans to drive it in the winter so the biblical dumps of salt we get will not be an issue.

I'd also like to see some pictures. I might be game for the fenders and hood if they're light enough to ship.

I'd also like to see some pictures. I might be game for the fenders and hood if they're light enough to ship.
Hi, at this point the current owner would like to sell the whole package in one shot to keep the shipping hassle to a minimum.

Posting into the classifieds today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom