AHC Inop after fluid change 2007 lx C1751 and C1762 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes sir I absolutely can I just want to know if that means the accumulator is weak or something and will need replaced or if that is just old globes or maybe just leave well enough the heck alone!
"leave well enough the heck alone! " for now yes. What was the issue? It's inconclusive but points to air in the system as @ramangain concluded , however the accumulator solenoid seems to have a mind of it's own.

Last edited:
NICE WORK!

This is great to see. Seeing those accumulator numbers up to 10.0+ makes me optimistic. I think it was just air in the system that took a while to bleed out.

What was it that finally got fluid running out of that accumulator? Active test while bleeding?

NICE WORK!

This is great to see. Seeing those accumulator numbers up to 10.0+ makes me optimistic. I think it was just air in the system that took a while to bleed out.

What was it that finally got fluid running out of that accumulator? Active test while bleeding?
Seems like a combination of actual bleeding and air bleeding/utility bleeding. Only getting 10+ sometimes often high 8s to 9s it takes much longer to get up from those lower numbers.

Seems like a combination of actual bleeding and air bleeding/utility bleeding. Only getting 10+ sometimes often high 8s to 9s it takes much longer to get up from those lower numbers.
Sure. I'm guessing there's still some pesky air bubbles somewhere, making it tough for the pump to build the pressure needed. Looks like you got it functional, though so maybe you got all the big ones!

From a design perspective I imagine that pump is made to move relatively little volume, but at a very high pressure. It won't take much air for that design intention to fall apart. A little air will take a LOT more volume pumping to pressurize it compared to the nearly incompressible hydraulic fluid.

Sure. I'm guessing there's still some pesky air bubbles somewhere, making it tough for the pump to build the pressure needed. Looks like you got it functional, though so maybe you got all the big ones!

From a design perspective I imagine that pump is made to move relatively little volume, but at a very high pressure. It won't take much air for that design intention to fall apart. A little air will take a LOT more volume pumping to pressurize it compared to the nearly incompressible hydraulic fluid.
I'm thinking of capturing some more data at some point and if those accumulator pressures remain in the 8s I'll probably blead some more. Also the more I blead the darker my fresh light red suspension fluid got so I might also swap that out for good measure. Also made me wonder if as I recycled the fluid if I was dissolving gunk somewhere and it was getting broken up and suspended in my fluid causing it to darken.

Thanks so much to everyone for their help I couldn't have done it without you!

I'm thinking of capturing some more data at some point and if those accumulator pressures remain in the 8s I'll probably blead some more. Also the more I blead the darker my fresh light red suspension fluid got so I might also swap that out for good measure. Also made me wonder if as I recycled the fluid if I was dissolving gunk somewhere and it was getting broken up and suspended in my fluid causing it to darken.

Thanks so much to everyone for their help I couldn't have done it without you!
You are essentially cleansing the system, yes, so the new fluid is getting dirty.

Now that you can get from L to H, a graduation test is a good idea to get a general health snapshot of your globes.

Remember to read the pressures after a low to neutral cycle and wait for the data to update after the pump stops running. The tb's can be backed off to bring the front pressure back to 6.9. you get .2Mpa increase for each full counterclockwise turn that might help along with some more careful bleeding. Did you bleed the accumulator on the last round of manual bleeding?
I did 6 ounces, didn't want to push my luck.

I did 6 ounces, didn't want to push my luck.
Collected more data when I got to work. Accumulator running high 8s and taking 1-2 min to go from l to h. I can live with this but I'd like to get ahead of this if possible. I think I still have some air in there. I'm going to do some more bleeding with new fluid and bring t bars back down and see where I get. Won't be able to get to it till late Saturday at the earliest. Not quite level where it is sitting.

1124200812.jpg

1124200810.jpg

1124200808.jpg

No worries, we all push our ideas and approaches for the right reason - to help each other solve problems. Hearts are in the right place!

This is a great read, @aharlan001 . Did you see the pics of a pump full of gunk in another thread in here? Made me start thinking.

This is a great read, @aharlan001 . Did you see the pics of a pump full of gunk in another thread in here? Made me start thinking.
I did, will not be thinking teardown until I bleed a little more, get some fresh fluid, and get some more data. I'm a few weeks from having significant time for a teardown. Will have a little time Saturday evening for more bleeding. I think there was air and gunk in there. Driving it after tricking it into n seems to have dislodged a clog so that the accumulator could be blead. Then subsequent fluid bleeding and air bleeding helped to get the air out.

I like your bleed some more plan. Normal-ish front/rear pressures and low accumulator pressure combined with slow height changes would suggest air in the accumulator still. You could even just repeatedly bleed the accumulator and refill the system to see what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom