Method Racing Wheels (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run 295/70r18 Atturo Trailblade XTs and I am very pleased with them.

I just ordered my 17 methods to copy @kreiten 35x12.50x17 setup. If only I hadnt seen his rig setup, I wouldve ran this setup for years. lol

View attachment 2400235

let us know if it causes a lot of problems.

i think one place i might have problems is my metal tech sliders. i hope i have room in the rear to push the sliders back so i can beat the pinch weld in more.
I have the MetalTech sliders also, they are pretty long but you can find a good balance for them front to back and they are a non issues as far as that goes. The pinch weld has to be beat back pretty far and then it's just a matter of figuring out your bumpstops, relocating the washer fluid rez etc.. The formula works, I did Rubicon and several other trails and loving it!

I have the MetalTech sliders also, they are pretty long but you can find a good balance for them front to back and they are a non issues as far as that goes. The pinch weld has to be beat back pretty far and then it's just a matter of figuring out your bumpstops, relocating the washer fluid rez etc.. The formula works, I did Rubicon and several other trails and loving it!

thanks man. that makes me feel better about the setup. any photos of your washer rez relocation?

thanks man. that makes me feel better about the setup. any photos of your washer rez relocation?
Still working on that piece of the puzzle, I'll post up what I figure out when I get time to fix it

I also ordered these bumpstops for the front, wanna try them out and may use these instead of my fender washers on the stock ones. I should have them in this week and will post up how they work.

I also ordered these bumpstops for the front, wanna try them out and may use these instead of my fender washers on the stock ones. I should have them in this week and will post up how they work.

im going the opposite, buying the timbrens for the rear (planning on adding washers and longer bolts if needed) and adding washers to the front oem for now. when i have more coin, ill upgrade the fronts to wheelers.

got these:

Last edited:
I have the 17x8.5 0 offset 305/NV matte black and needed no spacer, goes right on.

Question, so I know the hub bore on the NV 305s are 116.5, and the 100 series hub is 110.1.

Do the wheels center up when you torque the lug nuts down? Because the lugs nuts are tapered?

Question, so I know the hub bore on the NV 305s are 116.5, and the 100 series hub is 110.1.

Do the wheels center up when you torque the lug nuts down? Because the lugs nuts are tapered?
Yep, they are a lug centric wheel

^Need to be tightened and torqued with wheel in the air (no weight on it) for the wheel center up properly.

^Need to be tightened and torqued with wheel in the air (no weight on it) for the wheel center up properly.

Got it, that makes sense.

34y6UoS.jpg

method 304 17x8.5 0 offset with 35x12.50r17 Kenda Klever RTs

Great info..And have a question would I encounter any issue with method 17/8.5 with tire size like 285/70/17 or 305...honestly don’t like to make more mods. @kreiten setup is very nice.

Great info..And have a question would I encounter any issue with method 17/8.5 with tire size like 285/70/17 or 305...honestly don’t like to make more mods. @kreiten setup is very nice.
thanks for the props on the rig, I would guess you would be fine for the most part with 285/70's on the Methods. Might have to pound in the pinch weld a bit etc..

thanks for the props on the rig, I would guess you would be fine for the most part with 285/70's on the Methods. Might have to pound in the pinch weld a bit etc..

I'm planning to pick up a set of the 701 in 17x8.5 on black friday sales. Anyone have a sense of the best deal I might get? I've found a discount of 15% off, no tax and free shipping (total is $225.76/wheel), but will hold out for a couple weeks if folks have seen better prices around black friday.

I'm planning to pick up a set of the 701 in 17x8.5 on black friday sales. Anyone have a sense of the best deal I might get? I've found a discount of 15% off, no tax and free shipping (total is $225.76/wheel), but will hold out for a couple weeks if folks have seen better prices around black friday.

Where did you see this sale?

Where did you see this sale?
Just went live on Battle Born Offroad. There may be a cheaper option on the 17x8.5 inch wheels in matte black though if you want to wait a day. I don't think the bronze version will go cheaper than BBO has right now.

Last edited:
Just went live on Battle Born Offroad. There may be a cheaper option on the 17x8.5 inch wheels in matte black though if you want to wait a day. I don't think the bronze version will go cheaper than BBO has right now.
Method runs the 15% free shipping over $99 quite often so I’d like to think BF will trigger a 20% off sale.

btw love the wheels but are sure you want 0 offset?

Method runs the 15% free shipping over $99 quite often so I’d like to think BF will trigger a 20% off sale.

btw love the wheels but are sure you want 0 offset?

That's the big question! I have a 2.5 inch lift and the shop that did the lift has made it work for others with 0 offset and 35 inch tires, though I still have some doubts. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I may be selling some wheels at a discount soon.

CJC Offroad has the best price on 701 17x8.5 in black that I could find - came down to $190.75 per wheel.

Last edited:

How did these bumpstops work out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom