OME 2860 installed lopsided? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed the springs and torsion bars yesterday and drove around a bit last night.

Today I took a measuring tape and noticed there's .75" difference being the driver side is higher.

Driver is sitting at 23.75 while passenger is at 23". I think the springs were 10mm higher on the diver's side or did I get it backwards??

That's correct. Fill up your gas tank and then re-measure. That's why the DS is slightly taller.

Just installed the springs and torsion bars yesterday and drove around a bit last night.

Today I took a measuring tape and noticed there's .75" difference being the driver side is higher.

Driver is sitting at 23.75 while passenger is at 23". I think the springs were 10mm higher on the diver's side or did I get it backwards??

Rear? Front? Front and rear? You have to take all 4 corners into account. If the right front is low the left rear will come up.

Did you get TB DS/PS orientation installed correctly. What are the grease cap center to fender edge measurements up front?

Thanks for everyone’s input!!

Sorry forgot to clarify. It’s only the rear that has a difference. I will fill up the gas tank and see what’s it look like after.

Did you get TB DS/PS orientation installed correctly. What are the grease cap center to fender edge measurements up front?

The fronts were install incorrectly without moving 5 splines over and they are sitting at 19.5" with adjusting bolts in mid range. That will get fixed next week.

Just wondering..... if the torsion bar are installed correctly with the 5 splines offset, what would be the lowest ride height I could achieve? Also, how much height can be adjusted with the adjusting bolts? i.e. adjusting bolts fully in vs. fully out.

Going to correct the front end soon...

Does anyone know how much adjustment there is in the torsion bar? adjustment bolt full in vs. full out?

The fronts were install incorrectly without moving 5 splines over and they are sitting at 19.5" with adjusting bolts in mid range. That will get fixed next week.

Just wondering..... if the torsion bar are installed correctly with the 5 splines offset, what would be the lowest ride height I could achieve? Also, how much height can be adjusted with the adjusting bolts? i.e. adjusting bolts fully in vs. fully out.
That depends, folks will need to know how much heavier than stock you are. Front bumper, winch, skidplates, sliders, compressor, 2nd battery, etc

That depends, folks will need to know how much heavier than stock you are. Front bumper, winch, skidplates, sliders, compressor, 2nd battery, etc

Yes, forgot to mention.... the car is currently bone stock other than the suspension.

I just ordered some OME 2860s and just need some clarification...

One spring has an "A" sticker and the other a "B" - which one goes on which side?

This will be for a L driver side gasoline North American 100 series

I just ordered some OME 2860s and just need some clarification...

One spring has an "A" sticker and the other a "B" - which one goes on which side?

This will be for a L driver side gasoline North American 100 series
I don’t remember “A” or “B”, but the taller of the two goes on the LHD driver’s side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom