2008 GX470 VS 2008 FJ CRUISER (WHICH WOULD YOU KEEP?) SEE PICTURE!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C) sell both and buy a 200 series

edit - 35k miles a year? Sell one of them and get something better on fuel as a DD. I’d probably sell the FJ. Low mileage clean ones like that will bring a premium.

do you have a loan on both of them? That’s they only real reason I could see wanting to get rid of one or the other.
Yes loan on both. I’m tempted to keep both and quit whining. It just sucks paying two insurances but they are two special cars that are discontinued so I might just have to “pay to play”

do you have a loan on both of them? That’s they only real reason I could see wanting to get rid of one or the other.

This...exactly the point I meant. If I bought both...I'd probably have a plan to keep both.

Add me to the agreement list on selling the FJ...it's meant to be offroad. Actually...add me to the list in saying sell both and get something cool to commute in. I can afford to feed my GX...and have big plans for it. So I am DD'ing it for now...but the thought has entered my mind to buy a beater for driving to work. Wouldn't be the first time I have done it...

I am on the list with the other... Sell the FJ while the market is hot for them and the mileage is still LOW... with the lift and tires it will not make a great commuter rig.

I am also on the list of people saying get something else to drive besides the GX if your putting 35 THOUSAND miles a year!!! you will be doing a timing belt every 3 years plus the gas bill will be obscene! At least get something that doesn't drink gas like the GX does.

If you were to do any off-road or you like the look of having an off road rig... swap out the lift, rims & tires from the FJ to the GX but if you do you will lose that "butter" ride but it should still ride nicely.

BUT still get a different car to log all those miles with!

I cannot even fathom a so-called enthusiast on this forum recommending to sell both for a damn minivan... Boggles the mind. I would never make that recommendation no matter what the circumstances are! ;)

You only live once, if both are a burden financially sell the FJ. If you can easily afford both, and add to that consideration the a possible fuel price spike near 2008 levels in 2021, then keep both. The GX will take those miles in stride. Prompt regular maintenance would be a necessity @ 35k miles per year.

I cannot even fathom a so-called enthusiast on this forum recommending to sell both for a damn minivan... Boggles the mind. I would never make that recommendation no matter what the circumstances are! ;)

You only live once, if both are a burden financially sell the FJ. If you can easily afford both, and add to that consideration the a possible fuel price spike near 2008 levels in 2021, then keep both. The GX will take those miles in stride. Prompt regular maintenance would be a necessity @ 35k miles per year.
Well said. Im going to keep both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom