1994 fzj80 / 97 lx450 Chop Shop Frankenstein! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jbee

Thank God for the deserts
SILVER Star
Threads
Titled 1994 FZJ80 came from US Marshal auction (Apple Auctions). Photo below.

Trouble is, it's got a 1997 LX450 Black with silver body, LX450 interior panels and a 40th anniversary interior (2 tone leather). SO, at least 3 trucks to make one.

Frame VIN is 1994 and matches the dash VIN (poorly installed) and the sticker in the door (sticker in door falling off but matches the 1994 truck.)
Has a dash locker switch but no lockers.
Came with some ridiculous wheels and 40th anniversary color mirrors.

Chop shop did a good job removing ALL ID from motor and trans (tags removed) and cannot find Lexus VIN on any body panels.

Motor is 96 or 97 and is smooooth and quiet; interior of motor is super clean; trying to ascertain miles on the likely stolen or wrecked original body and drive train.

Any hidden VIN place I should check? We've looked closely, but have NOT stripped out all interior panels, door panels, pulled up carpet, etc. Windows not etched.
Carfax shows the '94 had like 285k but odometer shows 85k.
Engine number near starter is still there but seems that's not tied to VIN.
Is the airbag tied to a VIN? Passenger airbag?

Sorry, the wheels are already sold.

IMG-3520.jpg

Last edited:

Trouble is, it's got a 1997 LX450 Black with silver body, LX450 interior panels and a 40th anniversary interior (2 tone leather). SO, at least 3 trucks to make one.

Frame VIN is 1994 and matches the dash VIN (poorly installed) and the sticker in the door (sticker in door falling off but matches the 1994 truck.)

Chop shop did a good job removing ALL ID from motor and trans (tags removed) and cannot find Lexus VIN on any body panels.

Motor is 96 or 97 and is smooooth and quiet; interior of motor is super clean; trying to ascertain miles on the likely stolen or wrecked original body and drive train.

Any hidden VIN place I should check? We've looked closely, but have NOT stripped out all interior panels, door panels, pulled up carpet, etc. Windows not etched.

View attachment 2500882
My 96 has vin stickers inside every body panel. Also all windows engraved.

Were there build sheets inserted into the seats or anything?

What is the purpose of your search? Any VIN you do find may or may not be tied to any other part of the truck. You could have 12 different trucks involved. What will finding a VIN on a random part tell you?

@BILT4ME VIN stickers have been removed, at least the obvious ones. We’ve crawled around it quite a bit.
@-Spike- I honestly had not considered that. I guess I’m hoping to tie the VIN to a stolen low mileage LX. Once I find a VIN I’ll check Lexus for specs and Carfax and local PD: stolen vehicle is national database.

@BILT4ME VIN stickers have been removed, at least the obvious ones. We’ve crawled around it quite a bit.
@-Spike- I honestly had not considered that. I guess I’m hoping to tie the VIN to a stolen low mileage LX. Once I find a VIN I’ll check Lexus for specs and Carfax and local PD: stolen vehicle is national database.
You know, if you ask questions about a stolen vehicle, they're gonna want to see what you've got.

Even if you do find out something, does it change anything? Do you take care of the vehicle any differently? I guess I don't see the payoff here.

I want to know the mileage on the motor, or get an idea. John and Richard have about 100 hours in it by now so we’re all curious.
I have a title for it and I’m sure there was an insurance payout somewhere.
I’m not too worried about someone confiscating it, but it might be fun to see them try!!!

Resale value on it will be squat.

Let dead dogs lie, and hope some snoopy cop Doesn’t find your altered ID tags.
It doesn’t matter how you acquired it if you’re driving a stolen car it’s a stolen car.
And from a moral standpoint if you know the car is stolen you should be contacting the police. It could have belong to another Cruiser Head like me That doesn’t keep comp insurance on an old car.

Resale value on it will be squat.
X 2. Especially now that the El Chapo wheels are sold.

The LX450 body does look like it’s in good shape.

The resale value now that it’s totaled is definitely squat.

The El Chapo wheels are on the non chop-shop truck. I’m hoping they go away sooner than later. Preferably before I sort out the last bugs and have to be seen test driving the thing.

The DYNO-COMP stickers all over it are a nice touch, though.

Edit: I forgot it had those abominations on it when he first bought it, when it got into the accident it had LX wheels on it.

The other LX, or as I’ve nicknamed it “the Judge” currently has some stupid bling master wheels on it as well (Jake seems to be drawn to those) and those are the wheels I hope disappear soon.

Let dead dogs lie, and hope some snoopy cop Doesn’t find your altered ID tags.
It doesn’t matter how you acquired it if you’re driving a stolen car it’s a stolen car.
And from a moral standpoint if you know the car is stolen you should be contacting the police. It could have belong to another Cruiser Head like me That doesn’t keep comp insurance on an old car.
I think you might have missed the part where he said he purchased it from a federal law enforcement agency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom