Mountain Bikes - show/tell me how you lug yours around! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got the Cruiser and the bike! I still go outside and stare at both of them!!

Friends think I'm crazy when I tell them that the bike cost on a few $$ less than the truck!

batch_IMG_6845.jpg

batch_IMG_6847.jpg

Kona Process?

Yeah, bike prices are insane nowadays.

I also have a Process 134. Best all around bike I’ve ever ridden. Upgraded to a Lyrik ultimate 150 up front, it’s a beast.

I agree 100%. This one is actually my 2nd 134. I really wanted carbon and all the upgrades that came with it.

I live in Kansas City and it's perfect for here. Enough travel to hand the declines and the right geo to make it climb superbly!

I agree 100%. This one is actually my 2nd 134. I really wanted carbon and all the upgrades that came with it.

I live in Kansas City and it's perfect for here. Enough travel to hand the declines and the right geo to make it climb superbly!
I have the old pivot version. I’m in Alaska do the long technical passes like Lost lake, resurrection, Johnson’s, tech and flow in Anchorage, and even ride it on the lift service DH at Alyeska. I like it better then my sons Yeti Sb6. Before this I rode a Santacruz 5010 and a Evil DH bike.

I have the Process 153 and I love it, but it goes down a lot better than it goes up. I'm sure the 134 is a lot better balanced in that regard. I may consider something more like that when it comes time to upgrade, but for now I'm enjoying the descents.

Sweet bike! I like the color combo.

I really like your setup. Do you offroad with it? Do the bikes bounce up and down at all being cantilevered out on the swing arm at all? I'd like to add a single tray style rack to one of my swingouts for when it's just me, for convenience's sake.

I haven't wheeled with it but live off pavement so its been offroad with no issues. I don't baby it and don't see much movement in the rear view. Departure angle is a little rough for any real wheeling. For me it was about access to the cargo area without bikes in the way. Only downside is having enough space to open in town.

I have the Process 153 and I love it, but it goes down a lot better than it goes up. I'm sure the 134 is a lot better balanced in that regard. I may consider something more like that when it comes time to upgrade, but for now I'm enjoying the descents.

The 153 is a hell of a bike, but I agree, definitely more of a point it down and go kind of bike! I've ridden both and felt the 134 was pretty well! With that said, our downhill in KC is nothing compared to the trails west of us!!

I was on the fence between the 134 and 153. Both pedaled and descended well. At my age I felt like slowing me down a bit on the descents was better, hence getting rid of my Evil Undead. I’m on the fence now of building new wheels for my 134 since it is non boost rear spacing or getting a new’er 153.

What im using currently. At some point in the next year or so, id like to get a 4x4 labs rear bumper. Trying to decide if i want to go with their vertical 2 bike mount that holds the wheels, or get them to weld a little receiver to one of the swing out arms so i can use my 1 up rack. I like the idea of the vertical bikes and how their rack is removable, i just dont know the weight limit, or if it can handle long enduro bikes.

60.jpg

@dbbowen that is some swag on the back of that rig

I like the idea of the vertical bikes and how their rack is removable, i just dont know the weight limit, or if it can handle long enduro bikes.

If your willing to remove the front wheel then vertical is OK. Otherwise an Enduro is pretty long, I’d go with the 1-up.

If your willing to remove the front wheel then vertical is OK. Otherwise an Enduro is pretty long, I’d go with the 1-up.
FYI vertical racks like north shore were developed originally for DH bikes, for shuttle laps. So enduro’s aren’t a problem. I carry 4 trail/enduro/DH bikes all the time on my North shore 4. The shortest travel bike we own is my daughters Salsa Rustler with 150 travel up front.

FYI vertical racks like north shore were developed originally for DH bikes, for shuttle laps. So enduro’s aren’t a problem. I carry 4 trail/enduro/DH bikes all the time on my North shore 4. The shortest travel bike we own is my daughters Salsa Rustler with 150 travel up front.

Well aware. I converted a north shore rack to bolt on a Slee Bumper swing out for a friend. We hung my SB5.5 on it and it rode fine. But the wheel was over the roof and low enough if offroad departure angle is of concern. So I opted to go horizontal with my rack. Departure is better, still is not great but they are below the roof. Helped that my truck is much taller than his.

@dbbowen that is some swag on the back of that rig

thanks man! I set out to build my dream bike from scratch. Sold a few guitars and amps to help pay for it. I can honestly say it’s been the best bike I’ve ever had

Well aware. I converted a north shore rack to bolt on a Slee Bumper swing out for a friend. We hung my SB5.5 on it and it rode fine. But the wheel was over the roof and low enough if offroad departure angle is of concern. So I opted to go horizontal with my rack. Departure is better, still is not great but they are below the roof. Helped that my truck is much taller than his.

That makes sense. For me, the main thing is I want my rack to swing out of the way over everything. The hitch mounted up on the swing out sill definitely get the bikes a good foot or two higher than having them mounted vertically. Did you just weld a hitch receiver to one of the arms of the bumper? I do already have the one up so that would be cheaper too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom