Red Line- Customers 45LV Resto Mod Build " Pope's rig" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So......Obviously we have the normal. lol What is fun? This is fun? :/.....Drilled the hardware heads off. The only way the tail gate was coming off.

DSC06371.JPG

DSC06372.JPG

DSC06374.JPG

One side made it, the other side did not. However they are both good enough to model new ones. So... We did!

DSC06377.JPG

Tail gate tear down documentation. Found some fun inside of coarse! The tail gate latch has a OE cover that went over the Toyopet handle and the badge came off in one piece! Very exciting

DSC06437.JPG

DSC06436.JPG

DSC06487.JPG

DSC06420.JPG

DSC06433.JPG

Tail gate is almost as bad as the sill. The hinges actually pivot nicely?!!!!! Had to drill those bad boys off as well. And the switch....It is well far from being usable. I think I have another, but if anyone has a good extra, please let me know!

DSC06450.JPG

DSC06462.JPG

DSC06465.JPG

DSC06393.JPG

Off to the front doors. we tore down in big chunks just to kind of get a handle on the overall scope of rust that we see. Luckily it looks as if the doors are in good shape. Small surprise on the crank area. The supports have been previously fixed with rivit's and a metal backing plate

DSC06500.JPG

DSC06506.JPG

DSC06585.JPG

DSC06646.JPG

DSC06647.JPG

Unfortunately most of the remaining LVs have alot of rot, both hidden and visible. Your LV appears to have a solid beginning, but brace yourself for all of the rust discoveries in your future. Someone summed up a restoration of an LV more like a Ferrari because of the lack of replacement panels and parts. You have embarked on a marathon so enjoy the process and try not to be discouraged.

More rust spots! Driver side front floor at the seam and right at the back of the driver seat mounting locations to the floor. We'll keep an eye on those after blasting the body. I already know they will be a bit bigger.....

The roof rack. It's so rad. I dig what they did, in retrospect. So My thoughts are to keep and fix the metal bracket system and do some kind of redwood plank with perhaps retaining the gas pipe structure, not sure yet, something will come into my mind.

Justin

DSC06717.JPG

DSC06676.JPG

DSC06732.JPG

DSC06741.JPG

DSC06730.JPG

I’m no expert on wood but Ipe is a pretty robust hardwood that might work great up there.

Love the build.

Thanks, I will look into that!

Justin

Doors are done, tail gate, hatch, seats are done, so back to the dash. Interesting fun objects on this dash. We won't be using any of these " trinkets"

DSC06823.JPG

DSC06824.JPG

DSC06825.JPG

DSC06839.JPG

Interior teardown, dash
"Come on Maverick" "GET IN THERE"

DSC06818.JPG

Interior teardown, dash
I am pretty happy that the dash components are in decent shape. Some weird stuff here and there, the usual

Justin

DSC06885.JPG

DSC06864.JPG

DSC06880.JPG

DSC06886.JPG

DSC06892.JPG

Wiper motor
Wiper motor is in great shape! Thank God!

DSC06952.JPG

DSC06956.JPG

DSC06960.JPG

steering conversion
All of the " 3 on the tree parts" are missing, due to the floor conversion. So I'll be hunting those down. Wheel will go out and get refurbished from a really nice guy, in IL. He did a 1970 wheel for me last year that came out nice.

DSC06971.JPG

DSC06971.JPG

DSC06975.JPG

DSC06972.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom