1995 month of manufacture on non-US 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't know what to tell you. The engine compartment plates don't have a date either on any of mine. I just double checked my August 1994 GCC spec FZJ75 and month and date are the same on the door plate and on ToyoDIY.

Last edited:
Maybe I should make a new thread about the following, and if that's the case please inform me, but does anyone know what would be in a comprehensive list of date-stamped parts for a 1996 Land Cruiser? For other makes/years, I've heard that wheels are date-stamped (usually), and seat belt receptacles (buckles / or male / female ends), anything else?

Again, please inform me if it's best to make a new thread for this question, but is there something like a Certificate of Authenticity you can order from Toyota for a 1996 year vehicle, and if so what organization would one contact for that?

Again, please inform me if it's best to make a new thread for this question, but is there something like a Certificate of Authenticity you can order from Toyota for a 1996 year vehicle, and if so what organization would one contact for that?

There is no such thing as a certificate of authenticity. You can petition Toyota in France to have a new VIN plate made-up, but you would need to show proof that the old one was destroyed, missing, etc. Usually done through a Toyota dealership in France local to you. You would need to go and talk with the spare parts manager.

Also, this thread is in the incorrect section. This is the 80 series Land Cruiser section. You have a 90 Series Prado, is that correct?

There is no such thing as a certificate of authenticity. You can petition Toyota in France to have a new VIN plate made-up, but you would need to show proof that the old one was destroyed, missing, etc. Usually done through a Toyota dealership in France local to you. You would need to go and talk with the spare parts manager.

Also, this thread is in the incorrect section. This is the 80 series Land Cruiser section. You have a 90 Series Prado, is that correct?

No, it's an 80 Series Land Cruiser.

Don’t have a picture of your TLC?

AFAIK the 90 Series began in 1996. Prior to that, the Prado was a kzj7x. 1996 was a changeover year when both 90 and 70 Prado were made.

Neither partsouq nor amayama can provide clarification based on your VIN. If you get your chassis ID from the front right wheel well, you should be able to get a definitive answer. Starts with KZJ95...

Last edited:
I DO have a data plate (metal, original, riveted) in the engine compartment, and it has the VIN and a bunch of other information but NO Date of Manufacture. What I don't have is a sticker or plate on the door-side or body-side of the door (jamb). The metal data plate in the engine compartment says this:

N.V. TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE MARKETING & ENGINEERING S.A. e 6*93/81 *0023*00 then the VIN then 4 weights in KG then the MODEL KZJ95L-KGMNTW then ᶜ/TR/ᴬ/TM and a long code then a big B on the bottom right

AFAIK the 90 Series began in 1996. Prior to that, the Prado was a kzj7x. 1996 was a changeover year when both 90 and 70 Prado were made.

Neither partsouq nor amayama can provide clarification based on your VIN. If you get your chassis ID from the front right wheel well, you should be able to get a definitive answer. Starts with KZJ95...
See above from post 20 in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom