Cast Aluminum A343F Transmission pan, maybe?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was surfing around to see if anyone made an afermarket transmission pan for the FZJ80 with the A343F ATM and came across this web site. They apparently would like to hear from people to see if this is a viable product to manufacture. So maybe if enough of us write the company they'll start making these??

Here's the web site:

Subscribed, Thanks for posting

Why? Having cooling issues? Switch the order of trans cooler and radiator it will run cooler. I bypassed the radiator and have to put cardboard in front trans cooler in the winter.

If everyone who reads this writes the company (see link above) and tells them they want one, maybe the company will manufacture this pan for those of us who need it. Whether someone needs this particular pan design or not, they may need a replacement A343F transmission pan someday, and no one currently is making one best as I can determine.

I'm guessing @NLXTACY might be interested also.

I don’t see a benefit. Newer Camaro owners are already frustrated with non-dipstick transmissions. Heck, I just designed a dipstick to use for an LS3 swapped 80.

Last edited:
I don’t see a benefit. Newer Camaro owners are already frustrated with non-dipstick transmissions. Heck, I just designed a dipstick to use for an LS4 swapped 80.
Is that a typo, or did someone somehow swap a LS4?

Main benefit IMHO is that there are zero new A343F transmission pans available from Toyota and no aftermarket pans AFAIK. So if your current pan gets damaged you're hosed. Was thinking (hoping) @NLXTACY might eventually design a modification to add a ? mini-dipstick to this aftermarket cast aluminum transmission pan if it were ever to be produced.

Main benefit IMHO is that there are zero new A343F transmission pans available from Toyota and no aftermarket pans AFAIK. So if your current pan gets damaged you're hosed. Was thinking (hoping) @NLXTACY might eventually design a modification to add a ? mini-dipstick to this aftermarket cast aluminum transmission pan if it were ever to be produced.

Are damaged pans a thing?

Heard from the company in the link above, they said they would need
an order of 100 pans per year, guaranteed, to start the project. So probably
not happening.

A standard replacement pan will eventually show up from Dorman or some Chyna source most likely.

Reactions: MoJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom