Official LX570s Picture Thread (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It costs nothing, if you cut the steps off.

You are right about that.That also something I had considered but wasn’t sure how it would turn out. Do you have any somewhat closer up shots of your job? I’d love to see how well it turned out.

You are right about that.That also something I had considered but wasn’t sure how it would turn out. Do you have any somewhat closer up shots of your job? I’d love to see how well it turned out.
Check out this treads by @tbisaacs and @grinchy

Keep in mind if you don't have sliders on, your AHC system parts will be visible (mine are gone).

Check out this treads by @tbisaacs and @grinchy

Keep in mind if you don't have sliders on, your AHC system parts will be visible (mine are gone).

Awesome, thanks for the links! My plan was to get some kind of dual purpose slider + step mod, much like you see on pickups but possibly a little less chunky looking. It will be a custom job regardless, I think.
I am loving the clean look on your rig, especially without the factory rack.

Those threads are great and I used them too for my install.

There's at least a few variations on how to cut them: Straight. Curved (mine). Slee cut. Biggest decision is probably whether you want to retain the front mud flap. If so, you'll need to do a curved or Slee cut to retain enough meat for the mud flap to secure too.

Here's mine
1604854883190.png

Those threads are great and I used them too for my install.

There's at least a few variations on how to cut them: Straight. Curved (mine). Slee cut. Biggest decision is probably whether you want to retain the front mud flap. If so, you'll need to do a curved or Slee cut to retain enough meat for the mud flap to secure too.

Here's mine
View attachment 2489582

Dang, that’s looking real nice!

Just an update to this post. I did the front sensor lift (it raised the front end 1.5”) and have been driving around town for a couple of days now. I am not getting any rubbing whatsoever.
Also, looking back at where it did rarely rub, I realize now it could have readily been remedied with a heat gun, but I am liking the lifted look so I will keep this setup.

Just an update to this post. I did the front sensor lift (it raised the front end 1.5”) and have been driving around town for a couple of days now. I am not getting any rubbing whatsoever.
Also, looking back at where it did rarely rub, I realize now it could have readily been remedied with a heat gun, but I am liking the lifted look so I will keep this setup.

Just don’t forget an alignment too. 1.5” is enough difference to justify, IMO.

Just don’t forget an alignment too. 1.5” is enough difference to justify, IMO.

Agreed. It’s on my short list. I am still dialing in the AHC adjustment so I will wait a couple more weeks. I drive 50 miles a week now so I feel like I will be safe taking my time for a couple of weeks.

Pics of vehicle in N mode with the front AHC adjusted, as well as HI mode with front AHC adjusted.
3572E569-4CF2-4E61-951E-4C6D5AC3261C.jpeg
BB5F18F0-69D1-4D02-AE4A-C06DB26B290E.jpeg

Last edited:
My oh-so-very stock LX 570 in the local state park - taking the dog for a hike. Looking for LC roof rails for the next mod.

IMG_3190.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG
let me know how this goes, I just discovered my 21 cubic foot rocketbox does not fit on the Lexus rack

let me know how this goes, I just discovered my 21 cubic foot rocketbox does not fit on the Lexus rack

A few possible solutions for that...

1. Purchase OEM Land Cruiser rack.
2. Purchase aftermarket rack.
3. Purchase a single aftermarket crossbar for the next forward mounting location.
4. Extend the slots in your cargo pod to bring the front clamps further back.

A few possible solutions for that...

1. Purchase OEM Land Cruiser rack.
2. Purchase aftermarket rack.
3. Purchase a single aftermarket crossbar for the next forward mounting location.
4. Extend the slots in your cargo pod to bring the front clamps further back.
I’ll add another option. Yakama ragrab with round bars on the OEM rails.

Agreed. It’s on my short list. I am still dialing in the AHC adjustment so I will wait a couple more weeks. I drive 50 miles a week now so I feel like I will be safe taking my time for a couple of weeks.

Pics of vehicle in N mode with the front AHC adjusted, as well as HI mode with front AHC adjusted.

Looks real good leveled out, you just put that on the top of the list. 🍻

Do you recall how much adjustment the sensors required?

Looks real good leveled out, you just put that on the top of the list. 🍻

Do you recall how much adjustment the sensors required?
The way she sits in the pic, the sensors were moved the whole way, but I did notice that the AHC is having trouble detecting HI vs N mode at times, even though factually it still moves the truck up and down.
I think the key is to move the sensors *almost* all the way, so that the AHC system can detect a distinct difference between the two height modes. I will mess around with it this evening or tomorrow and report back.

Here's mine

Man, your truck is looking great. I somehow missed the new wheels, tires, and sliders. Really sharp.

Man, your truck is looking great. I somehow missed the new wheels, tires, and sliders. Really sharp.

Thanks! I've got a trip into the desert this weekend and really looking forward to using my new mods.

The way she sits in the pic, the sensors were moved the whole way, but I did notice that the AHC is having trouble detecting HI vs N mode at times, even though factually it still moves the truck up and down.
I think the key is to move the sensors *almost* all the way, so that the AHC system can detect a distinct difference between the two height modes. I will mess around with it this evening or tomorrow and report back.

Just following up on this. I dialed the sensors back, probably 1/4” from the max setting and it all seems to be working just fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom