Transfer case indicator switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fj has a November 73 transfer case. I can’t find where the 4wd indicator switch is. This does not have a vacuum system. I do see a small threaded hole on the top, passenger side. Could that be it ?

My fj has a November 73 transfer case. I can’t find where the 4wd indicator switch is. This does not have a vacuum system. I do see a small threaded hole on the top, passenger side. Could that be it ?

thank you for the reply. The 4wd indicator light energizes red when the key is on. I’ll have to chase down that wiring to see what the previous owner did.

thank you for the reply. The 4wd indicator light energizes red when the key is on. I’ll have to chase down that wiring to see what the previous owner did.

Year/month production of your cruiser? What market it it from. Early years until in the eighties only vacuum operated transfer case 2WD/4WD had a 4WD light. Also one piece transfer cases could be switches between vacuum and manual 4WD operation.

Year/month production of your cruiser? What market it it from. Early years until in the eighties only vacuum operated transfer case 2WD/4WD had a 4WD light. Also one piece transfer cases could be switches between vacuum and manual 4WD operation.
The cruiser is oct/71. Refitted with 78 4 speed tranny and a NOVEMBER 73 TC

The cruiser is oct/71. Refitted with 78 4 speed tranny and a NOVEMBER 73 TC

November 73 there was no 4WD light on the dash of US imported FJ40. Transfer was operated with a shifter on the transmission tunnel cover. No switch to indicate if the transfer was in 4WD.

Sounds like the po could have jerry rigged a switch in the linkage

The 4WD light was green. The light has a plastic piece between the lamp and the lense to isolate the ground. If that piece was removed lamp housing plugged directly in to the lense housing it would be lit any time the key is switched to on.

They would be a red brake light. Where is this light located?

The 4WD light was green. The light has a plastic piece between the lamp and the lense to isolate the ground. If that piece was removed lamp housing plugged directly in to the lense housing it would be lit any time the key is switched to on.

They would be a red brake light. Where is this light located?
The light is to the right of the column, below the turn signal indicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom