Exhaust Manifold - Warming flap stuck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Vae Victus

Posting more than I know
Threads
The flap that moves as the engine warms up in the exhaust manifold only moves about an eighth of an inch. It moves freely on the shaft but it is hitting something inside the manifold itself.

I know that this can be removed and basically you can put a block between the intake and exhaust manifolds but is this OK the way it is?

The pictures show how it moves from open to closed - 1/8".

Closed:
6D9E9550-BF38-43E5-92C7-0E5082FEFBEF.jpeg

Open:
E1EE7709-8433-4895-B52C-F86E6395F62F.jpeg

The flap that moves as the engine warms up in the exhaust manifold only moves about an eighth of an inch. It moves freely on the shaft but it is hitting something inside the manifold itself.

I know that this can be removed and basically you can put a block between the intake and exhaust manifolds but is this OK the way it is?

The pictures show how it moves from open to closed - 1/8".

Closed:
View attachment 2489658

Open:View attachment 2489659
I think I had the same problem. Mine got stuck open and cracked the intake manifold. Bought the block off plate from cruiser outfitters and installed.

I think I had the same problem. Mine got stuck open and cracked the intake manifold. Bought the block off plate from cruiser outfitters and installed.
Interesting. Ok. I mean it moves freely, but something inside is stopping it between the intake and exhaust. It moved before I installed it. I just noticed last night as I was fixing my pitman arm.

I can take the intake and exhaust off and look at what's causing the blockage but was hoping someone one say "nah, it's fine." (and not being a smarta$$ in the process :rofl:)

Interesting. Ok. I mean it moves freely, but something inside is stopping it between the intake and exhaust. It moved before I installed it. I just noticed last night as I was fixing my pitman arm.

I can take the intake and exhaust off and look at what's causing the blockage but was hoping someone one say "nah, it's fine." (and not being a smarta$$ in the process :rofl:)
I can rotate this part about 3/8” CCW.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom