Lc100 reverse facing 3rd row (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I’m new here so forgive me if I’m doing this wrong.

bought a used 2006 lc100 and it came with its 3rd row seaTS uninstalled.

after installing one it turns out that the other has reverse facing rail. so one faces the front and the other faces the rear.

how to I install the bottom rail and reverse it so both face forward?

thanks In advance guys.

Here you go
B54B2AAD-EDA9-421F-9B90-CAD1F9F13795.jpeg

156E0E98-25B2-4269-B63D-99856304283E.jpeg

A7C98A5E-AD80-4247-B84F-67E988F6B36A.jpeg

Either the rail is on backwards, or the previous owner gave you two seats from the same side. That's interesting, I never realized that the third row could be reversed to face backwards, that's very 70's station wagon! :)

Thanks guys,

do you know how to take apart the rail and install it correctly?

thank you

I suspect aftermarket carpet. The person/shop that did the job got the reinstallation of the seat mounts wrong.

The floor mounting points are correct, the mouldings around them wouldn't fit if they were reversed. Not sure on flipping the rail around - take a look to see how it's mounted to the seat and go from there.

Last edited:
You mean they are supposed to face forward?

jk didn’t know it was possible to have them backwards

Upon closer inspection, It appears your seat bracket on the chair is backwards....

Correct:
IMG_8643.jpeg

No good:
156E0E98-25B2-4269-B63D-99856304283E.jpeg

If I wanted to intentionally turn my 3rd row around, anyone have a suggestion for how to do it?

Not sure if I'd have to disassemble the whole seat to flip the rail...

Seat belts? Where we're going we don't need seat belts!
Man, i’m cool with that, but the wife...... When I first go at my ‘65 Datsun truck, it had no seat belts and vinyl bench seat, and technically legal still because it wasn’t originally equipped with them. It felt wild drivin around town sliding around side to side. But, wife wouldn’t ride with me, and I had to drill some holes....

If I wanted to intentionally turn my 3rd row around, anyone have a suggestion for how to do it?

Not sure if I'd have to disassemble the whole seat to flip the rail...

This is a great question, I'm interested in the answer too. Does anyone have any pictures of the 3rd row facing the rear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom