Explore the Manzano Mtns - Nov 8th. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was in 4th of July canyon years ago and we had to turn around due to fire in the area, have not been back since. Just mentioned this run to my wife and she responded with a yes, that sounds like a plan. We will bring our boys,13 and 14 and can drive the 83' FJ40 or the 99' UZJ100. Will be good to see/meet some fellow Cruisers.

Does anyone know if the gas station at the Sedillo exit has diesel fuel?

It's called Zuzax mart, I think. Give them a call just to ascertain.

It's called Zuzax mart, I think. Give them a call just to ascertain.

Zuzax is at the bottom of the hill. Sedillo Hill Travel Center at the top of the hill.

Oh yeah, that's right and I'm sure both stations has diesel fuel since they're right off the exit.

The Chevron at the Zuzax exit has diesel. I get fuel there for my tractor. Not sure about the Sedillo Hill station, but they are only a few miles apart. Zuzax is the first exit past the Tijeras/Cedar Crest exit, and Sedillo is about three miles further east.

I know there are diesel pumps there (at the Sedillo Hill Travel Center). But they occasionally have bags over some of the pump handles. It's kind of a random thing though. Ali and Evan never have to travel farther east than the Zuzax exit since they live in a canyon north of there so it's understandable if their knowledge of the Sedillo station is lacking.

Thank you all for your input. I will call the Sedillo Hill Travel Center to ascertain whether I should get topped off there or at Zuzax exit. Looking forward to the ride.

Is the Cumbres Mercado the same place as the Sedillo Hill Travel Center? There was no answer when trying to to call SHTC which it was listed as on Apple maps, but Google maps shows it as Cumbres Mercado, for which someone did answer the phone. Pumps open 24/7, store opens at 10:00 on Sunday.

apple maps :rofl:

I did confirm there is diesel at the Sedillo Hill Travel Center when I got diesel for a rented Bobcat yesterday. Only 1/2 the pumps had yellow bags over the handles.

Update: Let's meet at 10 since Stephen got someone to answer the phone and tell him they open at 10 on Sunday. That way people can get some coffee or use the toilet if they need to before we head south.

Update: Let's meet at 10 since Stephen got someone to answer the phone and tell him they open at 10 on Sunday. That way people can get some coffee or use the toilet if they need to before we head south.

Since you are meeting at the top of the hill am I safe to assume you are planning on heading south on 217? If so I will wait at the Forest Meadow church parking lot.

Since you are meeting at the top of the hill am I safe to assume you are planning on heading south on 217? If so I will wait at the Forest Meadow church parking lot.
That was my plan, to head south on 217. Is that the church close to the 217/337 intersection by Yrisarri? I suspect we will be passing by there about 10:20 - 10:30.

That was my plan, to head south on 217. Is that the church close to the 217/337 intersection by Yrisarri? I suspect we will be passing by there about 10:20 - 10:30.

Cool. Yeah, that's the place. I will be there.

Looks like maybe a little snow this weekend. :clap:

Screenshot_20201106-054110.png

I am not going to make this ride. Have some fun for me. Thanks for posting a club ride.:steer:

I didn't think about it until now, but since it is Sunday the parking lot at the church may be packed. I will be at the big dirt pulloff thing at 217/South 14.

I didn't think about it until now, but since it is Sunday the parking lot at the church may be packed. I will be at the big dirt pulloff thing at 217/South 14.
Copy that. Will look for you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom