FJ62 Fuel pressure hoses? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
What are people using for stock replacement fuel hoses on FJ62's? There are three, all discontinued (because Toyota is so awesome):
23091-61010 Fuel pump to frame hard-line.
90923-01350 Frame hard-line to fuel filter
90923-01349 Fuel filter to engine

There doesn't seem to be anything available from the aftermarket, Gates, Sunsong, Dorman, etc.
So what are people doing when these hoses fail on their 62's? Just running 30-32 year old fuel hoses and hoping they last forever?

Maybe there are hoses from 80 series, 90's 4runner, pickup that might have the same fittings and be a functional swap? Anyone know?

Orme Brothers in San Fernando Valley (near Los Angles) does custom brake lines, hoses, etc. When I took my old crusty A440F soft lines to them they saved the flared ends and swaged a fresh new hose on them.

I think something similar can be done for certain hoses. Not sure about the hard fuel line atop the 62 gas tank. Large Japanese flared lines might be difficult

I’m talking about the rubber hoses specifically. Yes I am sure that hose shops can repair them individually, or convert to universal 6AN, etc.. I can do that. But I’m looking to create brand new replacements. This isn’t for me, (my truck is all 6AN) this is for those with stock 62’s who just want to keep them original and maintained.

I just got off the phone with Dorman. Might be working with them on reproductions.

I'm curious about converting to 6AN for future reference on my lines. Hard lines look to be in good shape still, but the soft lines I know won't last forever and it would be nice to have a strategy in place to easily replace them once the time comes.

I'm curious about converting to 6AN for future reference on my lines. Hard lines look to be in good shape still, but the soft lines I know won't last forever and it would be nice to have a strategy in place to easily replace them once the time comes.

That’s easy. But not what this thread is about. I want to see a replica of original hoses. That way when a stock FJ62 comes in my shop for a full PM job I can just install new ones in 15 minutes and be done.
Believe me I love custom but it’s not always the right answer.
I know, who are you and what have you done with Matt

I had a marine/industrial hose supply company make me new AC lines for my FJ62. Can a similar company by you do the same thing with the fuel hoses? Maybe reuse the banjo fittings and recrimp them? Not sure if that is possible. I am hoping to replace these lines as well this winter so I am curious what you figure out.

I know second gen 4runners use a hose from tank hard lines to frame hard lines my 95 taco does too not sure if they are the same length or thread pitch i could probably take pictures of the 4runner that i have it has an access to get to the connection at the tank taco pickup not so much might be able to get under it and take some pictures but still won't help on the thread pitch. You got any pics of the 62 lines?

I know second gen 4runners use a hose from tank hard lines to frame hard lines my 95 taco does too not sure if they are the same length or thread pitch i could probably take pictures of the 4runner that i have it has an access to get to the connection at the tank taco pickup not so much might be able to get under it and take some pictures but still won't help on the thread pitch. You got any pics of the 62 lines?

I don't have any currently. I will try to get my hands on a complete set. The threads are all M14x1.5 (inverted flare) and there's the banjo bolts on the fuel filter which I think are M10.

I had a marine/industrial hose supply company make me new AC lines for my FJ62. Can a similar company by you do the same thing with the fuel hoses? Maybe reuse the banjo fittings and recrimp them? Not sure if that is possible. I am hoping to replace these lines as well this winter so I am curious what you figure out.

I'm sure that could be done but it's not cost effective. I want to see completely new hoses to available commonly through vendors like Cruiser Outfitters, Rock Auto, etc. I don't have any stock fuel lines (or any stock fluid lines of any kind besides the brake line on the firewall) on my 62 so this isn't for me, it's for the community. I don't have an immediate need at the moment so I want to be ahead of the curve on this one as I foresee it being a problem in the next few years. Especially as owners drive the trucks less and less as the values go up, more likely the hoses are to dry up and fail.

I happened to get this done last week. I took the lines that run to/from the fuel filter to a local hydraulic shop where they cut the old fittings off and crimped my old fittings on new hoses. I happen to have an extra line in pic on left to show before and after. The old line was rubber and the new one has a braided cover.
IMG_3579.jpg
IMG_3580.jpg
IMG_3582.jpg

When I got them back I hit the ends with a little spay paint. The hydraulic shop charged $37 and change but not every place I called would do it. One that deals in heavy equipment said they didn't have hose rated for gasoline. Another told me fuel lines need to be certified and they didnt want the liability.
If I could have just ordered a couple all new hoses I would have opted for the convenience. My old ones weren't leaking but while I had some things apart I decided I might as well restart the clock on 30yr old hoses. I didnt think about the soft line over the gas tank - that one will have to last a while longer on its own :)

I took the lines that run to/from the fuel filter to a local hydraulic shop where they cut the old fittings off and crimped my old fittings on new hoses.
This. Take the old hoses to a hose shop and have your old ends crimped to new hose. My local shop does it while I wait.

I'm interested in this. I'm putting together parts for a 2fe in my 60 (no donor rig either) and it would be easier (and I think cheaper) to not convert the whole fuel system to AN

I happened to get this done last week. I took the lines that run to/from the fuel filter to a local hydraulic shop where they cut the old fittings off and crimped my old fittings on new hoses. I happen to have an extra line in pic on left to show before and after. The old line was rubber and the new one has a braided cover.
View attachment 2488080View attachment 2488082View attachment 2488092
When I got them back I hit the ends with a little spay paint. The hydraulic shop charged $37 and change but not every place I called would do it. One that deals in heavy equipment said they didn't have hose rated for gasoline. Another told me fuel lines need to be certified and they didnt want the liability.
If I could have just ordered a couple all new hoses I would have opted for the convenience. My old ones weren't leaking but while I had some things apart I decided I might as well restart the clock on 30yr old hoses. I didnt think about the soft line over the gas tank - that one will have to last a while longer on its own :)
Was going to aak if the hose was fuel rated went back and zoomed in on the pics and can see they are. Witch is great but if you dont have the fittings you kinda screwed. Pretty sure @cruisermatt is looking for a complete replacement.

View attachment 2488080View attachment 2488082View attachment 2488092

Can you send me any old hoses you have please?

Ok this is the second gen 4runner its not the same doesn't have the banjo style fitting on the other end that i just noticed are on one end of the fuel line for the fj62 neither does the tacoma or at least not the year i have both ends are threaded style its a 1995 Tacoma 2wd 4 cylinder. Sorry man

20201106_150151.jpg

20201106_150159.jpg

I don't have any currently. I will try to get my hands on a complete set. The threads are all M14x1.5 (inverted flare) and there's the banjo bolts on the fuel filter which I think are M10.
I will double-check, but I seem to recall all the filter & rail banjo threads being m12x1.25

I will double-check, but I seem to recall all the filter & rail banjo threads being m12x1.25
I seem to recall fuel rail and filter banjos are different. While the filter banjos seem to be consistant across trucks, the rail banjos are several different sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom