CA Registration through dealership. Possibility? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

definitely interested in how this turns out, keep us posted. Also, if this actually works you should get a complete run-down of everything that was done to your rig, there's a lot of misinformation out there about what CARB requires for legal CA registration of non-USDM diesels and it would be great info to have for other enthusiasts!

I don’t think it matters what gets done, I think it has to be done by one of the two(?) CARB-certified companies.

I ran into a guy with JDM diesel Delica in LA the other day. Asked him how he was handling registration as I need to figure that out for my Hj61. He said he went to a Mitsubishi dealer and they gave him a emission sticker from a US Model Delica. He’s done his VIN inspection, but hasn’t made it to the DMV yet.

I didn’t get his info, but if I run into I’ll ask him how it went.

He's in some of the JDM/Delica groups on FB and I was chatting with him the other day, looks like he got the title in the mail a few weeks ago. He did it at the Needles DMV

Just some helpful info from ARB Emissions Certification and Compliance Division. DMV website hasn't updated section 12.050.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.25.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.25.50 AM.png

also this is my all original 1991 HZJ73 ZX with removable FRP top, factory winch, factory front and back differential locks and only 80,000 miles.

View attachment 2486503

View attachment 2486511
That might be the best landcruiser I've ever seen. What's the ZX part mean?? We don't have that in the Aus market. I don't think we had factory diff lock options on our 73's. But we only got bj73's we never got the 1HZ in the mid wheel base's. The shorties and middies were cancelled before the 1HZ became the standard.

Just some helpful info from ARB Emissions Certification and Compliance Division. DMV website hasn't updated section 12.050.

View attachment 2484428

View attachment 2484429

For whatever reason the DMV doesn't respond quickly (or in some cases at all, apparently) to CARB's requests for info updates on the DMV's website. I was actually under the impression that title/reg of non-USDM diesels wasn't possible anymore so hearing that CEE can still do their thing (however overpriced it probably is) is interesting. Good find, also nice HZJ, I wanted to go down the same road with my Surf and keep it all original but a few mods crept their way in, respect for keeping it factory-correct.

Well??? Any updates?

That might be the best landcruiser I've ever seen. What's the ZX part mean?? We don't have that in the Aus market. I don't think we had factory diff lock options on our 73's. But we only got bj73's we never got the 1HZ in the mid wheel base's. The shorties and middies were cancelled before the 1HZ became the standard.
Thank you, I appreciate that, and honestly I’m not too sure myself, i hear its suppose to be the highest trim but still don't know 100%. If you figure it out let me know haha.

as long as it passes the tests they should name it CARB compliant. To my knowledge it's mostly just a time and money thing. I'm interested in how this will pan out. The dealership really goofed but seems they are trying to make it right.

Glad I moved out of there....lol.

Sweet!! Let’s see pics of the dpf!!!!

I was really pessimistic this could be done. Glad it worked out for you! The cost is high, but opens up enough forbidden fruit here in California that it will be worth it for many!

Well there ya go, congrats! Pretty expensive mistake for the selling dealer. Let us know how it performs.

We all want pics..... what contraptions did they install for 10k!!!! Pics of dpf etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom