Post your wheeling damage pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 6 foot ledge. The hi lift tire change after I winched to a semi flat area. Another good shot of the alligator.

View attachment 2485486

View attachment 2485489

View attachment 2485490
Did you take the optional hard lines thru some of those spots? I've heard there's the fun lines that you can do to really challenge yourself and then you got other lines you can take if you're not trying to hurt yourself.
Been thinking about going out to Potts cause it looks fun and doable

Did you take the optional hard lines thru some of those spots? I've heard there's the fun lines that you can do to really challenge yourself and then you got other lines you can take if you're not trying to hurt yourself.
I don’t know a lot of the time it doesn’t seem like there’s any hard lines to be honest. By the way my brothers jeep did just fine

Wow, you are one crazy SOB! Am I the only one thinking that you drove off a 6’ ledge and your initial concern was protecting the side from pinstripes! you got me cracking up about that. Drive it to the limit!!!

PS sweet side piece and optic
Yeah really just got the GLOC19 love it.

thank you posting that “before” photo from the top of the ledge @LC200JG. Back when everything was right in your world. Do I dare ask if you’re married? Or still married?

I can confirm it is super fun. Well worth the carnage. That's why we're going back. I hate to admit I'm actually fighting with myself. "Is there a scenario (outfit, more mods) that would make sense for me to try the drop again?"

What size tire do you have on her? Looks like you could go up some more?

Factory 31.5’s there. My 34.8 falken wildpeaks are coming in. I wonder what if any difference the new tires would make on a drop like this.
Massive. You'd have turned a 6' drop into a 5'10" drop.

It's hard to visualize the drop through pictures and understand a potential line. The departure angle at the rear always feels like the biggest limitation and I think you made it out without damage there?

35s should make for hugely improved angles for you to tackle big obstacles like that.

Is this the obstacle around the 3:20-3:30 minute mark ? The Jeep is going up and over it in this clip at the 3:28 mark.

I would say get some full underbelly skids to go with a rear bumper and larger tires. Taking the right line slow and steady should lead to a much better outcome.

It's hard to visualize the drop through pictures and understand a potential line. The departure angle at the rear always feels like the biggest limitation and I think you made it out without damage there?

35s should make for hugely improved angles for you to tackle big obstacles like that.
Exactly I'm hoping the 35's help. You can see how I landed in the pictures. Blew out my passenger front tire. Dragged the rear enough to pull the hitch cover off but no actual damage. I've heard of success with more of a jump than dragging off the way I did; although, I'm not too keen on launching my 6,000 lb LC200 (not completely opposed either). All in all I'm thinking it would be worth it as long as I don't blow out more tires. My front bumper did a great job too but wouldn't have been as important if the tire hadn't given out I suppose.

Is this the obstacle around the 3:20-3:30 minute mark ? The Jeep is going up and over it in this clip at the 3:28 mark.

I would say get some full underbelly skids to go with a rear bumper and larger tires. Taking the right line slow and steady should lead to a much better outcome.

I am also curious about going up with my Cruiser; although, I do think climbing like this is more suited for a Jeep. Pretty sure yes same obstacle.

Right! Real question, does everyone pretty much feel like taking your vehicle down a drop like this is not worth it regardless?
It depends on how much you want the photos, I suppose. I'm not everyone but if I came home with that much damage I'd likely end up a single man. (ok not really, but the LC is our DD)

I guess even the toughest need to have a weak point... I'm running BudBuilt 3/16 steel all around. Guess that cave in the tank had to make something give.
This is the front bracket on the gas tank skid. I hadn't paid attention until I was under there today looking for rust to stop.
20201106_122510.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom