Events/Trails Rug Road 2020 - November 7&8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jim and I are headed down to Mammouth on Friday, will camp where we were last year for the first night. I am looking forward to the outing.
@Stepmurr are you attending and what is the latest on campfires? We may need a few propane fire rings if wood fires are not allowed.
Last time I checked the Turkey Creek campsite was on BLM land right on the wilderness boundary in Graham County.

I can’t get to the https://firerestrictions.us/az/ website as it’s been down for a few weeks now, but I concur with @ARJMN that the Friday campsite on State Trust Land in Pinal County should be okay. I was gonna call the Mammoth cop shop or Pinal County Sheriffs to be sure as one of them would be bound to show up if anyone called in an illegal fire🔥.

if anyone has room to take firewood I can bring a load in the Taco Friday night to distribute. The 40 won’t have much room for wood.

FIRE RESTRICTIONS
On July 30 at 8 am, fire restrictions were lifted for BLM lands administered by the Gila District. Read the news release.

Exploding targets, fireworks, and paper/sky lanterns are prohibited year-round on BLM-managed lands in Arizona. Fire Prevention Order [PDF]

Last time I checked the Turkey Creek campsite was on BLM land right on the wilderness boundary in Graham County.

I can’t get to the https://firerestrictions.us/az/ website as it’s been down for a few weeks now, but I concur with @ARJMN that the Friday campsite on State Trust Land in Pinal County should be okay. I was gonna call the Mammoth cop shop or Pinal County Sheriffs to be sure as one of them would be bound to show up if anyone called in an illegal fire🔥.

if anyone has room to take firewood I can bring a load in the Taco Friday night to distribute. The 40 won’t have much room for wood.

FIRE RESTRICTIONS
On July 30 at 8 am, fire restrictions were lifted for BLM lands administered by the Gila District. Read the news release.

Exploding targets, fireworks, and paper/sky lanterns are prohibited year-round on BLM-managed lands in Arizona. Fire Prevention Order [PDF]

if you bring up some wood we will try to transport what you bring.

I recruited a friend with a ‘98 Tacoma to tag along. It’s the TRD with the rear locker. Not very modified, but that Jeep made it look easy last time.

I was planning on bringing my Snowpeak knockoff fire pit, some charcoal and a chainsaw. I still will since the fire restrictions are lifted, but if it seems too windy I'll have a cold dinner. I tried calling the BLM office to confirm that there are no fire restrictions. The nice person wouldn't tell me and got my email to send me the information. If I ever get an email I'll update.

I was planning on bringing my Snowpeak knockoff fire pit, some charcoal and a chainsaw. I still will since the fire restrictions are lifted, but if it seems too windy I'll have a cold dinner. I tried calling the BLM office to confirm that there are no fire restrictions. The nice person wouldn't tell me and got my email to send me the information. If I ever get an email I'll update.
Glad you are joining us Ross. We will have plenty of heat sources to prevent you from ingesting cold dinner. Also, I need to give you back you bushing dies, but have 2 bushings left to do...if I can hold on to them a bit longer. Looking forward to seeing pics of all your welding projects too.

Glad you are joining us Ross. We will have plenty of heat sources to prevent you from ingesting cold dinner. Also, I need to give you back you bushing dies, but have 2 bushings left to do...if I can hold on to them a bit longer. Looking forward to seeing pics of all your welding projects too.

Keep the bushing dies until you are done. I'll be driving the 4Runner, so camping only for me. I'll be leaving early this time on good tires.

Anyone camping Friday night besides Jim and I? RedSteve @Stepmurr mentioned coming up with some firewood. We plan on heading down around noon, should be at camp by 330-4.

we will have a propane fire ring just in case conditions warrant it. Now @Pitch needs to come and show off his 80.

Last edited:
I might try to. It depends on how I feel when I get off work. I’d say 50% chance.
I am 50/50 on Friday night. I want to camp, but it may be a little later when I get there.

Camping coordinates . We plan on being at Camp Muddier unless it is occupied Then on to option two.

Camp options near pavement
Copper Creek & River Road N32.72304° W110.62700°
Shootin' Range N32.72381° W110.62462°
Camp Muddier N32.72655° W110.61198°
Camp Chollaier N32.72856° W110.60880°

53206549-79E4-4349-A1E8-FD4EF85283CF.png
9C7C5062-FB9D-4D44-B64B-16EEF14D4DF4.png

I will head across the crick Friday morning to reconnoiter the campsites.

I have a Teams meeting from 2 to 3 so if the cell service is still good I'll be there all day Friday.

I will try to camp Friday. Leaving after work, so if so roll in, it will be after 9pm.

Where is the best place for gas? Coming in from Globe, I suspect.

And, can anyone recommend Mexican for takeout in Globe? Their food is the stuff of legend😎

And, can anyone recommend Mexican for takeout in Globe? Their food is the stuff of legend😎
Gas is $1.99 $1.97 at the circle ⭕ K in Mammoth.

if you are coming down 188 it is 45 mph from the turnoff to the south end of Roosevelt Lake due to the burned out guardrails alongside the lake.
The Fry’s has good gas prices in Globe (or Miami - I never know where the border is) especially if you have a Fry’s shoppers card. I paid $1.84 last month.

I always eat at the Taco Bell 🛎 in Globe, but I hear the Casa Reynoso is pretty good. It is run by the same family that runs the La Casita in Mammoth and another one in Tempe.

My wife reminded me there is also a La Casita in old downtown Globe - also a Reynoso family restaurant.

Last edited:

Diesel is always pretty cheap in Superior, but gas seems to be about the same when i pay attention to it.

As for food in Globe, go to the Burger House and get some Green Chili Burritos. Trust me, they are amazing.

812 Live Oak St, Miami, AZ 85539

Gas is $1.99 at the circle ⭕ K in Mammoth.

if you are coming down 188 it is 45 mph from the turnoff to the south end of Roosevelt Lake due to the burned out guardrails alongside the lake.
The Fry’s has good gas prices in Globe (or Miami - I never know where the border is) especially if you have a Fry’s shoppers card. I paid $1.84 last month.

I always eat at the Taco Bell 🛎 in Globe, but I hear the Casa Reynoso is pretty good. It is run by the same family that runs the La Casita in Mammoth and another one in Tempe.

we usually top off with gas at circle k.

Weather is a changin'. If we stay dry on Saturday, it will surely be a wet and snowy drive home on Sunday. Bring it on!!

Hope you don’t mind another participant!

I’ll plan to meet you all off Copper Creek Rd. (East of Mammoth) at 0900.

Thanks for putting this together!

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom