Campsite lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ended up with these guys....really neat!!

They have several different functions PLUS a USB charging capability out of the end...PLUS....they're rechargeable, which all lighting in my gearload is getting changed to.

Amazon product ASIN B08CXMNSYG

Last edited:
I’ve been very happy so far with these cheap pop up lanterns from Amazon. They were on sale even cheaper one day. Put out a surprising amount of light. Use them around the ranch as well as when camping.

Amazon product ASIN B00NPLSZF8

Thanks for all the recommendations.

I had a week of camping to try both the GoalZero crush light and mini lantern. Very happy. As mentioned above it’s super handy to toss the solar crush light on the dash each day to recharge. At $20 it’s definitely a value. The mini lantern has an impressive 400 hour run time on low and the magnetic base is appreciated as well.

BD2A7116-8508-4699-8B5E-8E960973F940.jpeg

There are a gazillion ways to light your camp. I’ve been doing this for a long time and like the nostalgia of a Coleman or Aladdin pressure lantern. I have also used a survival candle in a light weight aluminum hanger in a tent. I’m actually comfortable with everything from nothing through ir or starlight scopes. For pleasure camping I’ll take the pressure lantern.

My wife and I bought a usb chargeable coleman led lantern that even has a bluetooth speaker in it. We did a cross country trip for two weeks at the beginning of october and it came in pretty handy.

I have a rechargeable Nebo zooming. It is spot to flood zoomable and you pull the head up amd it's a red or white lantern light. Its magnetic base let's you stick it most anywhere.

For years I used coleman lanterns and have a half dozen from a 50s single mantle to a Vietnam era army lantern. They're kind of a pain in the ass to use and keep up with simpler, brighter solutions nowadays. But I'll keep them nonetheless.

I have a few collapsible solar charged LED lanterns. Some require you to blow-up like an air mattress, but the best one is more like an origami cube. You just pull the sides and it opens up.
Can't find the exact model any more, but similar to this one.

Amazon product ASIN B07VLL6YBF

I have a few collapsible solar charged LED lanterns. Some require you to blow-up like an air mattress, but the best one is more like an origami cube. You just pull the sides and it opens up.
Can't find the exact model any more, but similar to this one.

Amazon product ASIN B07VLL6YBF
This same brand makes LED pillows as weird as that might sound. I actually like those better but they both work.

I’ve gone to the Streamlight lantern that uses the rechargeable 18650 batteries. The beauty of this is the batters themself charge directly by a cable and not a charger per se. This means when your battery dies you can just swap it out and then recharge the dead battery separately. All without lugging a charging station around.

Reactions: MoJ
Thanks for all the recommendations.

I had a week of camping to try both the GoalZero crush light and mini lantern. Very happy. As mentioned above it’s super handy to toss the solar crush light on the dash each day to recharge. At $20 it’s definitely a value. The mini lantern has an impressive 400 hour run time on low and the magnetic base is appreciated as well.

View attachment 2481331

Damn you....now you made me order one...lol

I picked up solar light string from Amazon here recently and they do pretty good. Lasted over 6 hours the last few times I have used them. I also use a Coleman North Star lantern when I need stuff really bright.
C0F32B1A-A34D-493E-BD79-101BE35D6480.jpeg

I dig this Core rechargeable. 5 different brightness settings, built in Bluetooth speaker for the tunes, and a loop on top and bottom. Used it as a shop light to hang from my hood latch while working on the truck this past weekend. Worked great.

Core 1250 Lumen Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker Lantern with USB Output, Charges Phones Amazon product ASIN B07SXR1M5W

I like the Streamlight Siege because it is rugged. I cant care for a nice gas lantern like I would like to
Is battery life sufficient? It’s not rechargeable correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom