Ironman Foam Cell Pro 4” + accessories install plus review (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed the same kit last week exceptI alreadyhad dobinsons 4 inch lift shocks.. Truck rides smooth and drives straight but My steering arm is rubbing my radius arms and I have an occasional driveline vibe. Was hoping a DC driveshaft would fix the vibe. Im not so sure now after reading your post. Now I may just grind the arms and let it ride for a while. how much clearance do you have with between your radius arms and steering arm. I called ironman and they are now going to sell a drop bracket similar to Man a Fre as their "fix". To me it seems one could use a small 1 or 2 inch drop bracket with 2 or 3 degree caster plates. This would correct caster, give adequate room between radius armscand steering arm and cause minimal loss in breakover angle.

20201019_203551.jpg

20201019_203603.jpg

20201017_192949.jpg

I installed the same kit last week exceptI alreadyhad dobinsons 4 inch lift shocks.. Truck rides smooth and drives straight but My steering arm is rubbing my radius arms and I have an occasional driveline vibe. Was hoping a DC driveshaft would fix the vibe. Im not so sure now after reading your post. Now I may just grind the arms and let it ride for a while. how much clearance do you have with between your radius arms and steering arm. I called ironman and they are now going to sell a drop bracket similar to Man a Fre as their "fix". To me it seems one could use a small 1 or 2 inch drop bracket with 2 or 3 degree caster plates. This would correct caster, give adequate room between radius armscand steering arm and cause minimal loss in breakover angle.

View attachment 2480040

View attachment 2480041

View attachment 2480042
Sorry for the late reply!
Mine still hit under articulation. Daily driving doesn’t give me any issues. I’m thinking about trimming it down more .

Hey Kenny, any chance you could post up some center hub to bottom flare measurements for us? looks so good man!
Sorry, I haven’t been on in a while.
I will try to remember to check this and let you know! I just took my ARB off so it will be a measurement of zero weight front or rear.

How's the suspension holding up?!

How's the suspension holding up?!
Holding up well. No issues whatsoever, although I’m a little unhappy with the ride quality. Very stiff for my unloaded daily driven rig.
When I have a good bit of weight in it, it drives great. Off-road driving is also not bad, but maybe I’m just a little picky. You definitely feel any pot hole, but on big obstacles it’s awesome.

I may start down the bigger lift journey myself. I'm at about 1.5" right now with oem shocks, and Dobinsons springs. I was looking at the ironman website this evening.
@KennyG did you do the full stage 3 Ironman kit? I didn't notice all of the various adjustable bars in your pictures. Also, which spring option did you pick? (heavy/medium)
@graham5david are you de-flared only, or have you cut your fenders a bit?

I may start down the bigger lift journey myself. I'm at about 1.5" right now with oem shocks, and Dobinsons springs. I was looking at the ironman website this evening.
@KennyG did you do the full stage 3 Ironman kit? I didn't notice all of the various adjustable bars in your pictures. Also, which spring option did you pick? (heavy/medium)
Just deflared, I fixed my steering arm issue with the man a fre radius arm drop brackets.

I did not do the stage 3. I think the only thing Im missing is the adjustable rear control arms.

Radius Arm Drop Brackets can be found here if ever needed for the steering arm rub issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom